Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tanner Riley

2 posters

Go down

Tanner Riley Empty Tanner Riley

Post by the20pointmay Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Not sure how much we should take from this, but ever since the Idaho game (with the exception of St. Louis and PSU), Tanner's minutes have been pretty minimal, and he hasn't scored a single point (with the exception of Boise St.) since the Idaho game. Now I understand that a lot of this can be contributed to the much improved and consistent play of Nem (mostly on offense but, from what I've seen, and with a little bit of an educated guess, improved defense that allows him to stay on the floor longer), but I find it somewhat concerning that Tanner has not been injected into the offense a little more as he was at the beginning of the year. Could he be losing his interest? Does anyone know what his demeanor has been at games lately?
the20pointmay
the20pointmay
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Tanner Riley Empty Re: Tanner Riley

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:14 pm

Well, his new year's resolution is to smile more. Smile I hope he is just going through the normal freshman adjustment to bigger, stronger, faster players.

I do note that our four non-PG starters are averaging around 30+ minutes per game each. Hope they hold up through the conference season, with more games and travel.

Back to top Go down

Tanner Riley Empty Re: Tanner Riley

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:22 pm

My guess is that Rev is looking for improved play from Tanner at the defensive end. I remember the play where he accidentally fouled an opposing player who was behind the 3 point line (and then got three shots) to end a half. Around this time, his minutes started to be reduced...

It's just a theory though. So many players have played well since Riley's performance in the season opening tourney. I think Rev is just trying to play guys who can consistently contribute on both ends of the floor and who know the system...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down