Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Pilot BBall

5 posters

Go down

Summer Pilot BBall Empty Summer Pilot BBall

Post by mikemac65 Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:05 pm

Has anyone seen what is happening this summer with the players? In the past we were getting updates and even pictures of the training. Hopefully, we'll get some info. Question

mikemac65
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Summer Pilot BBall Empty Re: Summer Pilot BBall

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Good question. Maybe someone with access to Rev's Twitter could give us an update. I don't Twit or Tweet myself...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:11 pm

They are smoking a lot and eating Cheetos.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLegend Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:12 pm

I was wondering the same thing. Its hard not being around campus to see the newcomers but i'm expecting a lot this season.

Also, just a clarification point, you do not need to register for twitter to read what people tweet. Anyone can check into rev's twitter by going to www.twitter.com/coachreveno
Twitter is a great source for sports fans. It allows average fans to get up to the second updates on their favorite teams or sports.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:31 am

I think MIkemac may have been also thinking of some of the training/other photo's we got in the past. Hopefully we can get some pics of the newcomers because I have a feeling the seniors are going to need alot of help from 3-4 of those guys come season opener.

I kinda miss watching the last two years of unity the guys had during the summer, I guess this year its more "undercover" with the last years seniors gone and the new guys just getting there recently.I got spoiled with the same guys coming back two summers in a row.

Maybe we can get somebody in the Chiles with their camera, before Rev chases them out,lol(I'm sure he doesn't want any shots of the guys smokin cigs or eatin cheetos).

MesaPilot1 Very Happy

Last edited by MesaPilot1 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ......)

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:49 pm

purplepride13 wrote:I was wondering the same thing. Its hard not being around campus to see the newcomers but i'm expecting a lot this season.

Also, just a clarification point, you do not need to register for twitter to read what people tweet. Anyone can check into rev's twitter by going to www.twitter.com/coachreveno
Twitter is a great source for sports fans. It allows average fans to get up to the second updates on their favorite teams or sports.

I'm not sure how high our expectations should be. We basically lost an all-conference backcourt, and we're going to be a little bit younger. I like our depth though... If we go above the 15-18 win area, I'll be surprised. I hate to say it, but, Rev basically gets a raincheck on this season since it's a rebuilding year in my opinion. My expectations are low to medium. I think we'll be an above average team with the potential to be a giant killer at times...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLegend Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:39 am

I'm not sure how high our expectations should be. We basically lost an all-conference backcourt, and we're going to be a little bit younger. I like our depth though... If we go above the 15-18 win area, I'll be surprised. I hate to say it, but, Rev basically gets a raincheck on this season since it's a rebuilding year in my opinion. My expectations are low to medium. I think we'll be an above average team with the potential to be a giant killer at times...

While I respect your opinion, I would have to disagree. This team may have lost some significant players, but there are still somewhat experienced and it would be unfair to the seniors to not expect a 20+ win season. Jared, Luke, and Kramer all have tons of experience. Jasonn and Nem both improved and were showing great promise by the end of the year. Eric has been a little inconsistent but I think that a bit of confidence could do the kid a great deal. Look at Saint Mary's Jordan Page. A freshman last year who saw little playing time at first and didn't really show he was a quality guard. As time went on he got more confident in his abilities and played a good role in their tourney run even putting in a season high 32 minutes against us in the conference tourney. If Eric can come in and manage the game, not turn the ball over and get a few assists and help spread the floor for Jared that's all we are asking. The other point guard duties and depth will fall to the 7 newcomers, who from scouting reports are ready to come in and contribute right away. This is an important year for Rev and the team. I don't think that our team will become a quality program unless Rev and the boys can string a few 20+ win seasons together. I doubt that Eric, Jared, Luke, Kramer, and Jasonn are going into this season thinking of it as a rebuilding year. They want to win and are ready to do so.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down