Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pooh Signs Guaranteed Contract with Kings!!!!!!!!!!!!

+5
PilotNut
DaTruRochin
Geezaldinho
RiseUP
Stonehouse
9 posters

Go down

Pooh Signs Guaranteed Contract with Kings!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Pooh Signs Guaranteed Contract with Kings!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Stonehouse Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:16 pm

Just to update what DJ Sherman posted, I did a bit of Googling and saw that Pooh's contract with the Kings is guaranteed!!!

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010/7/23/1584815/pooh-jeter-sacramento-kings-agree

Huge congrats to Pooh... so deserved, and good for him for always working working working to make his dream come true. Much love to Pooh!!!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Pooh Signs Guaranteed Contract with Kings!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Pooh Signs Guaranteed Contract with Kings!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by RiseUP Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Awesome!

Byron Scott was on my plane from LA to Cleveland last night and I stopped and handed him something his wife dropped and I wanted to campaign for Pooh.

RiseUP
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Pooh Signs Guaranteed Contract with Kings!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Pooh Signs Guaranteed Contract with Kings!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:36 pm

Great link Stoney, Totally AWESOME!!

I can't think of anyone who has worked harder for this.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:01 pm

Lucky guy gets to drive the Carlton E. Forbes and go to work!

I don't know if there is a more well deserving guy to get the big break, I know he will make the most of his shot at his dream. Now it makes me wonder if I could pull off the ultimate bay area hoops road trip of Catching a game at USF, St. Mary's and a Kings game all in one weekend...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Congrats, Pooh! What a guy, and so deserving!

Finally, a reason to watch the NBA!

Basketball

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:39 pm

PilotNut wrote:Congrats, Pooh! What a guy, and so deserving!

Finally, a reason to watch the NBA!

Basketball

Now we just have to figure out how to watch Kings games.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by tmac2218 Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:
Now we just have to figure out how to watch Kings games.

Trust me, you don't want to watch Kings games unless you're a Kings fan. Their announcers are the worst homers.
tmac2218
tmac2218
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:16 pm

tmac2218 wrote:
Trust me, you don't want to watch Kings games unless you're a Kings fan. Their announcers are the worst homers.

Completely unlike the Blazers television crew....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:44 pm

Just checked the NBA minimum salary.

$473,604 for 2010-2011

That settles it. he's buying rounds.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Sherman Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:11 pm

On the TV side, yes, the Kings broadcasters can be guilty of cases of homeritis, partly Jerry Reynolds, who coached the team early on in its stay, over a period between 1987 and 1990 and Grant Nappear has been with the team for the past 22 years and co-hosts a weekday drive time show here in Sac. When you are with a team for that long, biases might creep in every once in a while, if not expected. Regardless, you are not alone in animosity toward the TV crew. But aren't most home crews contractually obligated to possess biases every so often, like DTR referred to earlier? Razz

I have greatly preferred the radio broadcast (bias aside) as Gary Gerould is a lot more fair when he calls games, which can be troublesome when on the losing side of a blowout.

Congrats on reaching 1000 topics for Men's Basketball, all! Cheers! Another round for everyone!
DJ Sherman
DJ Sherman
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tmac2218 Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:03 am

I know what you're saying. The Mikes are pretty bad too. But it's not so bad since I'm a Blazers fan. After living in Sacramento for 3 years I'm just warning you that the Kings guys are terrible. Maybe it was just because they were good back then, what with Webber, Hedo, Peja, Vlade, Christie, Pollard, Bobby Jackson, Bibby...and Gerald Wallace when he was bad. Remember that?
tmac2218
tmac2218
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:40 am

They all sound like amateur hour when you've grown up listening to the dulcet tones of Kevin Calabro...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Awesome news for Pooh! Congrats! Talk about going after a dream...

A guaranteed contract doesn't guarantee minutes, but, he made it all the same. Hopefully Sacramento won't suffer the same fate as Seattle, that arena isn't good. Key Arena was modeled after the one down there, and then we found out that going with the smaller, "intimate" arenas wasn't the trend at all.

I wish I could say that I enjoyed the NBA...but, being from the Seattle area...I boycott it until the playoffs come and then it's only tolerable with beverages with EtOH.

A link to the roster. You were right about the minimum salary:

http://espn.go.com/nba/teams/roster?team=sac

He'll be backing up Tyreke Evans...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Just thought of something... Paul Westphal, now coach of the Kings, was the coach at Pepperdine when Pooh was playing for Portland. I would have to assume that helped Pooh out when it came to the Kings deciding who to offer a roster spot to. Westphal knows Pooh and has to remember both his game and his great attitude... so thanks, Pepperdine, for firing Westphal! Smile
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RiseUP Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:12 am

Congrats to Pooh on getting his first NBA bucket last night. I've got my tickets to see him Saturday night in Cleveland and I'm wearing my Purple Pride shirt!

RiseUP
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:31 am

RiseUP wrote:Congrats to Pooh on getting his first NBA bucket last night. I've got my tickets to see him Saturday night in Cleveland and I'm wearing my Purple Pride shirt!

Jealous. If he gets to the foul line, you know you have to shout "We love free throws"!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by RiseUP Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:35 am

Rob's Jacket wrote:Jealous. If he gets to the foul line, you know you have to shout "We love free throws"!

Absolutely!

RiseUP
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down