Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Megan

5 posters

Go down

Megan Empty Megan

Post by SoreKnees Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:41 am

I watched part of last weekend's WPS match between NJ and Chicago. The broadcasters mentioned the Megan had not made the trip because she was suffering from viral meningitis. I don't recall any posts about this. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it a serious, long-run problem or something that will be OK in time for her to have a successful season with Chicago and the US team?
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Megan Empty Re: Megan

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:44 pm

This news sent me scurrying to the medical references. The sound of the word Meningitis sent a shiver up my spine.

the sources I read said the viral version is much less serious and often cures itself, which is good news.

everyone send happy vibes her way. A prayer or two for those inclined would no doubt help also.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhh_yeah Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:54 pm

She was at the match today. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Except seeing her sitting with the crowd.
ohhh_yeah
ohhh_yeah
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Megan Empty Megan

Post by keeper Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:15 pm

According to the Red Stars page. Megan had a case of mono that knocked her out for the winter. She'll miss this weeks game as she is not back to 100% and be re-evaluated in two weeks.

keeper
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:58 pm

I had the thought that maybe she had mono. Having had it myself in college, it can come at various levels, and it can be easy to get over or can take a long time, depending on how far it develops before you catch it. It took me about 6 months to get back to full strength, and I was very fit when I got it (as distinguished from now).
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Megan Empty Megan cleared

Post by keeper Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:01 pm

An update on Megan -- Chicago Red Stars medical staff have cleared midfielder Megan Rapinoe to play following her recovery from mononucleosis, the Women's Professional Soccer organization announced Wednesday. Rapinoe missed the team's first three matches of the 2010 WPS season.

keeper
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down