Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St. Marys Gaels @ Portland, Saturday 6pm

+14
SamanthaGaels
Geezaldinho
mattywizz
PilotDrummer
ShipstadPilot11
pilotram
MesaPilot1
DJ Sherman
goldhelmet
VillaGorilla
DaTruRochin
Rob's Jacket
PurplePrideTrumpet
PilotNut
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

St. Marys Gaels @ Portland, Saturday 6pm Empty St. Marys Gaels @ Portland, Saturday 6pm

Post by PilotNut Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:41 pm

Please note the 6:00pm tip-off, due to television (ESPN2).

This is a must-win game if we want to lay claim to the #2 seed and the double bye in Vegas. The Gaels were drubbed in Spokane (sound familiar?) on Thursday, and we will see how they respond Saturday.

Lets hope the Pilots and warm up the shooting from 3, and can find a way to neutralize Omar Samhan.

Look for a pumped up crowd (large attendance), and hopefully a full and boisterous student section to pick up the team's intensity.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

St. Marys Gaels @ Portland, Saturday 6pm Empty Re: St. Marys Gaels @ Portland, Saturday 6pm

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:16 pm

Honestly, I've been anticipating this one as much as the Gonzaga game, if not more. I knew Gonzaga was probably going to win the WCC again so naturally the Pilots were going to be up against St. Mary's for 2d and the other bye into the semis. This one is huge.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

St. Marys Gaels @ Portland, Saturday 6pm Empty Re: St. Marys Gaels @ Portland, Saturday 6pm

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, your attention please:

For the first time since the 2006-07 home game against San Diego, where he sat next to PilotNut for the entire game without realizing that it was PilotNut, Rob's Jacket will be returning to the Chiles Center.

Fasten your seatbelts, folks!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 868

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:41 pm

An Omar Samhan gem I found in the blogosphere:

"It may be two words, but 'I'm a beast.' "

Use it wisely... Cool
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:58 pm

Maybe he doesn't acknowledge contractions as real words... Bold grammatical stance Omar, BOLD....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaGorilla Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:46 am

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:An Omar Samhan gem I found in the blogosphere:

"It may be two words, but 'I'm a beast.' "

Use it wisely... Cool

There's gotta be at least a few chants from that.

"Count to three [clap]
we're the beast [clap]"

I'm sure a pre-game gathering of sports-oriented students would be conducive to frothy-beverage-inspired chants much more innovative than my fresh-out-of-bed mumblings.
VillaGorilla
VillaGorilla
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaGorilla Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:50 am

http://www.midmajority.com/2010/02/the-hoops-national-february-13.php

The Mid-Majority once again has the UP-SMC game as its Game!Of!The!Night!
VillaGorilla
VillaGorilla
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by goldhelmet Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:13 am

Biggest game of the year tonight... GO PILOTS!!! Basketball

That double-bye would be very, very sweet.
goldhelmet
goldhelmet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 270

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Sherman Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Pulling back the curtain here, but I can take suggestions from you guys and spread them before or even during this or future games since I'm not sure any of the Pilot Riot guys follow this board (I think they don't, as far as I can tell), so try to listen for those and similar chants, maybe it'll make it on a sign or two and keep posting suggestions!

Chanting tends to become more of a call and response thing, so any suggestions that are easy and repeatable are strongly encouraged!

I'll at least use those, since they're creative and simple enough to be repeated quickly, others should catch on, but ... Rolling Eyes Shoulder Shrug emoticon.
DJ Sherman
DJ Sherman
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Have Fun at the game RJ, and DJ don't worry you cant force the cheers. Maybe one good Omar CHEER could be managed in the game.

Pilotnut remember the Fresno Tourney in fall of 07' when we witnessed 3 San Diego State students entertain the crowd during preliminary games of the tourney.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Great win Pilots! cheers
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:24 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:43 pm

That was fun, I'm not gonna lie. It shouldn't have been like that, but man.

Who in the conference wants to give us a hand and beat St. Mary's?
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:44 pm

YES!!! Huge win. I was literally on the edge of my seat for the end of that game. This team is really starting to look good. Stohl stepped up his game big time this weekend. He is definitely a more complete player than I ever gave him credit for. TJ is phenomenal. And I've been saying for years, I love me some Luke Sikma. Jasonn gave some very productive minutes today. I think we lost some of our aggressivness on offense in the middle of the second half and allowed the Gaels back into the game. But overall, what a great game for these kids. Have a good shot for the double bye in the tourney...win out and hope St. Mary's loses a game or that the tie-breaker is in our favor.

Slip It In Pilots!!
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Also, forgot to mention my favorite part about the telecast...after Samhan fouled out they scanned to the crowd showing Bob Duff heckling him about being a two-worded beast (I can only assume what he was saying).
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:47 pm

mattywizz wrote:win out and hope St. Mary's loses a game or that the tie-breaker is in our favor.

My understanding of the tiebreaker (sure the Geez will step in here if I'm wrong) is that it's head-head, then conference wins, then RPI. So as a result, I think we need someone else to "calm the storm" (punny!).
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Nice to see "Purple Man" in attendance, haha.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:51 pm

crap, I was hoping the tie-breaker would be average annual rainfall, lowest percentage of residents who shower daily, or most hopefully amount of strip clubs per capita.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Jasonn impressed me tonight. But this was everybody's win. Ethan couldn't buy a 3 but I like seeing him creating a little bit, hitting jumpers and getting rebounds. LUUUKE!

GO PILOTS!!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:52 pm

mattywizz wrote:crap, I was hoping the tie-breaker would be average annual rainfall, lowest percentage of residents who shower daily, or most hopefully amount of strip clubs per capita.

...as long as it's not raining threes - SMC has several sharpshooters from beyond the ark. Man!
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:54 pm

PilotDrummer wrote:I think we need someone else to "calm the storm" (punny!).

Well, punny if you allow for homophone usage... But I digress...

I think a HUGE point of the game was the Pilots keeping Matt Dellavillanova under wraps... He can really cause havoc on the offensive end when he isn't busy getting away with reaching in and hand-checking. Nice job by the Pilots really neutralizing that.

Last edited by DaTruRochin on Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Just checked the boxscore, only five turnovers. Didn't think we had many, but that is great. We've really been hanging on to the ball well lately.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:58 pm

I think all the guys' jerseys are a size bigger after that game.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:02 pm

ShipstadPilot11 wrote:I think all the guys' jerseys are a size bigger after that game.
haha, one SMU guy was practically falling out of his. Ironic.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:09 pm

PilotDrummer wrote:

My understanding of the tiebreaker (sure the Geez will step in here if I'm wrong) is that it's head-head, then conference wins, then RPI. So as a result, I think we need someone else to "calm the storm" (punny!).

The conference wins part has a twist. if the w/loss is tied, they take the WCC opponents in order of standing, and the team who has lost to the highest ranked opponent gets the lower conference standing.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next