Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

@ SCU Saturday Night

+4
PilotDrummer
mattywizz
upsailor
DaTruRochin
8 posters

Go down

@ SCU Saturday Night Empty @ SCU Saturday Night

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:01 am

The Broncos gave a big scare to the Zags last night. They led by 5 at the half, and came out hot to open up a 14 point lead in the second half. But the Zags pulled back and took the lead with 4 minutes to go. ESPN Link

The Broncos lead the majority of the way, but they are now 1-5 in conference. So, the question is, are they an improved team that will give us a tough game, or have they spent all their energy and have little left for us? This is one of those road games we can't afford to lose to achieve a top two or three finish. The Broncos basically played last night with 7 players, and their two guards played almost the entire game; they should be vulnerable to pressure. The Pilot's defensive effort has been great the last three games. I think another strong defensive game should bring a win against a dejected Bronco squad, and a road sweep in the Bay area.

Cautionary note, I do see that Jared played 37 minutes last night, so I hope he's got enough legs left to make a couple threes. Sign-Danger

Back to top Go down

@ SCU Saturday Night Empty Re: @ SCU Saturday Night

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:10 am

I'm sure that record being so close to his grasp will give him the spring for at least 4 more cheers
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by upsailor Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:46 am

interesting post on Rev's twitter board today regarding increased "interest".
i don't think he is referring to fan interest, but rather potential high school recruits and their coaches. It bodes well for the program down the road, and he mentions his recruiting forays quite often.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:17 am

It's funny what happens when you win a few games...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:51 am

upsailor wrote:interesting post on Rev's twitter board today regarding increased "interest".
i don't think he is referring to fan interest, but rather potential high school recruits and their coaches. It bodes well for the program down the road, and he mentions his recruiting forays quite often.

Yes, he was replying to a tweet asking him who he was recruiting. From someone trying to help a friend find a school.

Also, noted that the game is streamed on santaclarabroncos.com. Has anyone tried it? How is quality?

Last edited by up7587 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:33 pm

I was really pulling for SCU when they were up 14, partly because it would give Gonzaga a loss, and partly because I think it would be really hard to follow up that performance on Saturday. Now I don't know what to think. Are they gonna come out to prove that they are the team that played the first 30 minutes against the Bulldogs or are they gonna be a little tuckered out on Saturday?
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:51 pm

I flipped over to the SCU-GU game after watching the win up 280.

I felt like SCU's shots just stopped falling...not GU defense as much as maybe they got into their own head or something. If we can make that happen, I like our chances in Toso...err, Leavey Center.

Was very odd seeing one of my HS teachers in the front row by the SCU bench (went to school about a mile from SCU growing up).
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:25 pm

Its 3 down and one more to go as far as games we NEED to win to set ourselves up for the Gonzaga game. It would be nice to pick up the SCU road game and keep pace with the top "3" in the standings.

This should be another interesting game on the road without Nik Crying or Very sad ,but the Pilots have been showing they can score in other ways. I really liked and mentioned it in the chatroom last night how we keep getting into the recruits households by these games we have had on ESPN with the Bulldogs. Even the USF game on ESPNU gets seen nationwide and beyond by future REV recruits Yahoo! .

Let's hope for another tough defensive preformance and the guys step up and fill in for Nik's missing offensive game until his return.

Go Pilots,

MesaPilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:54 pm

Pilots with a 20 point lead at the half, 42-22... after a dismal start, the PIlots caught fire in the last 12 minutes of the half...

Jared Stohl with 3 3-pointers already, and has tied Casey Frandsen's record...

GO PILOTS!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:13 pm

Pilots win, 74-52. SOLID road trip for the Pilots. Nice!!!

USF 81, GU 77, final in OT..... hmmmmm!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:17 pm

DONS PLAY HARDER!!!
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaGorilla Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:33 pm

With four on the night, Stohl is now UP's solitary leader in career three-point field goals made. Great job Jared!

Four straight blowout wins in conference play - all without our leading scorer. We've got to feel pretty good about our trip up north next week.
VillaGorilla
VillaGorilla
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:46 pm

79 - 39
80 - 64
74 - 58
74 - 52

Average of 23.5 margin for last four victories. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:00 pm

They're taking care of business against the teams they should be taking care of. Good sign going into three tough games.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:52 pm

up7587 wrote:Cautionary note, I do see that Jared played 37 minutes last night, so I hope he's got enough legs left to make a couple threes. Sign-Danger

I'd say Jared's legs were just fine. Cheers!

Back to top Go down