Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any word on Greg Somogyi form Woodside?

2 posters

Go down

Any word on Greg Somogyi form Woodside? Empty Any word on Greg Somogyi form Woodside?

Post by co-pilot Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:41 pm

Anyone heard about the recruitment of the 7'2" kid from Woodisde? I was on the UCSB message board and they say its between us and them, but that he may try to have a big season and sign with a major school. Anyone have any insght?

co-pilot
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Any word on Greg Somogyi form Woodside? Empty Re: Any word on Greg Somogyi form Woodside?

Post by Stonehouse Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:07 pm

Good catch, co-pilot. Here's a link to that thread on the UCSB forum:

http://p220.ezboard.com/Arrg/fucsbgauchosfrm2.showMessage?topicID=9552.topic

I think they are right about it being between UP and UCSB. I know that Reveno has been recruing him for a while now (he was mentioned in that article about him from a year ago) and he's been up to the campus a few times. Apparantly his coach wants him to go to UP, which is maybe a plus. (I say maybe because when I was 17/18 I generally wanted to do the exact opposite of what everyone was telling me to.)

However, I also know that when Reveno was in Europe this summer he went and visited Greg's family in Hungary, and he was definitely the only coach to make that journey.

I think it's becomming clear that Somogyi is UP's number one target for sure, and it would make sense for him to go play for a coach who has a proven track record as a big-man coach (Mark Madsen, the Collins Twins, Curtis Borchardt, etc. all went pro out of Stanford while Rev was there.)

Really, it might come down to the things out of our control - big, public school vs. small, private school; Calilfornia coast vs. Oregon forest; etc etc.

Here's hoping that Greg decides to go to a place that really and truly wants him and to go to a coach who can definitely help his game!!!

And in case he's worried about the weather... it's sunny and 65 today! Smile
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down