Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evergreen St. @ Portland, today 3pm

+4
pilotram
mattywizz
PurplePrideTrumpet
PilotNut
8 posters

Go down

Evergreen St. @ Portland, today 3pm Empty Evergreen St. @ Portland, today 3pm

Post by PilotNut Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:27 am

The NAIA Geoducks visit Chiles Center today, 3pm.

I dont know much about Evergreen, other than this should be an opportunity for the bench to see a lot of PT. Capt. Wally's will be open, even with the early tip off.

Game day links:

Basketball Ticket Info

Basketball Live Video

Basketball Free Live Audio (The game is also broadcast, as usual, on 970 AM in Portland.)

Basketball Livestats

Basketball Pilot Nation Chatbox

Lets close out 2009 with a big win... and get ready to take it to Army on Saturday.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Evergreen St. @ Portland, today 3pm Empty Re: Evergreen St. @ Portland, today 3pm

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:30 pm

Pilots 101, Geoducks 77. Evergreen shot a lot of threes (probably how a lot of teams will come at us), but the Pilots' defense and offense down low was looking strong yesterday.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Evergreen St. @ Portland, today 3pm Empty Re: Evergreen St. @ Portland, today 3pm

Post by PilotNut Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Video Highlights: LINK

Last edited by PilotNut on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:45 pm

That's all I get? I have been waiting two (okay 1 1/2) days for firsthand accounts of this game. The forum has been almost dead for days, save MesaPilot rants. I looked at the stats, but have been hoping for some insight from people who attended the game. Hopefully this (and tomorrow night vs. Navy) was a confidence booster for the game vs. the Bulldogs (that's right, I called them the Bulldogs, not the Zags) next Saturday. I will admit, I have lost some confidence in this team, but we still have as good of a shot as ever to knock off a gonzaga team, especially at home.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:48 pm

So the Chili Bowl was pretty much empty.

Last edited by mattywizz on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : speeling)
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Yeah, a 3pm tip off, on New Years Eve, not great attendance.

Not much to discuss on the game--our shooting was mediocre in the first half, and then we blew it open in the second half when a couple 3's finally went in. We dominated in the paint. The beer was cold at both Capt. Wally's and Pilot Club. Smile

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:23 pm

Evergreen.....lol...
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MaizeBluePurple Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:13 pm

The one thing that worried me was that, yet again, we let the other team start the second half on a run. PSU, Idaho, and Nevada being the others I can think of off they top of my head. Other than that the game was mostly as expected.
MaizeBluePurple
MaizeBluePurple
***PilotFans Donor***
***PilotFans Donor***

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:26 pm

Oregonian recap.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Sherman Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:23 pm

On a lighter note, from watching the video highlights, thanks again PilotNut, the band was light as well, hence I was fortunate to hear what I think was White Lines and Another One Bites the Dust. Cool

PPT and Drummer, please talk with Dr. Murphy so you guys can bring some of these and more classics to Women's games or even conference play and give the alumni some solo time if the youngsters can't follow your lead. You never know what might pump up the crowd...

To those who attended, any other great classics I was not fortunate to hear because the AM 970 people were on top of their game this time, or were the main media breaks given to the PA booth?

Since it seems odd not to discuss the events on the court, it didn't sound like the best game due to the runs by Evergreen, but the guys needed to build off Nevada so they can finish the non-conference schedule with some momentum and Evergreen was a well-placed opponent. It seemed like Coach Rev was running a practice due to the amount of air time he had, calling plays and acting like a control tower. Good fan support on both sides until the end even if they weren't always heard over the audio.

Overall, not too bad a way to close out the 2009 part of the schedule and end the day's doubleheader with a win.
DJ Sherman
DJ Sherman
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:42 pm

White Lines? Probably one that I like as well. I'll have to ask you about that later...

If you're going to be a musician you need to be able to sightread, so I think trying a new song or two before the game is a great idea.

We had the same basic men's game script as always yesterday. We had about half the media timeouts, and the other half was for promos.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:06 am

Hey Matty, @#$##%%%?!!! rimshot How's that for another highlight???, lol. You know what I could have spent the Holidays posting about RPI, and how the players stats looked but then it would have been very out of character and boring of me Sleep .

I guess everybody else here knows how I feel about preseason "scrimmage" and "what have you done for meSA lately" Williams. I'll have to start discussing Tashis world beating 3pt percentage turnaround,start gossiping about BJ Porter,if Jasonn is wearing a headband or not this game,ha, ha, Kramers league contending Field goal perscentage, etc.......Oh well, YOUR one other Pilot fan that doesn't go mute, or respond in to much sarcasm (LOL),and elitisism. Thanks Matty, at least I can count on you, DTR, oir the GEEZ to not take yourselves to SERIOUSLY.

BEST REPORT OF THE YEAR FROM PILOTNUT--THE BEER WAS COLD , AND GOOD COMPANY AT "WALLLYYYWOORRLLDD"!!!!!!! jocolor

MesaPilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by MaizeBluePurple Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Other news from the pregame coach talk is that Waterford's cast came off Thurs. and should be able to play against the Zags. And Ryan Schaefer was cleared for full contact practice. So he seems to be healed from his knee injury this summer.

Oh, and BJ is officially transferring to a school closer to home. It is not known which one right now.
MaizeBluePurple
MaizeBluePurple
***PilotFans Donor***
***PilotFans Donor***

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:20 pm

coldsmokeCO wrote:Evergreen.....lol...

Yeah, when I think of this team I think of a progressive school known for a nude beach, not of its basketball team... They put this one onto the schedule with a W next to it just like the preseason Linfield game.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down