Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Year

4 posters

Go down

Next Year Empty Next Year

Post by piloted Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:07 pm

its never to early to talk about the future...anyone else concerned about the lack of point guards? waterford looked decent last year but no TJ or a top tier WCC guard. is rev looking for a JC PG? Im guessing there is 1 scholarship left (assuming Porter returns). team looked great last night but scary to think about how much talent graduates.

piloted
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Next Year Empty Re: Next Year

Post by PilotNut Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:09 am

I would think that a PG would be priority #1 to fill out the recruiting class, and would think Rev would be looking at the JC options, a la Campbell. Rev mentioned previously on twitter that he was watching some JC guys...

Waterford will be a solid back-up, but yeah, we need someone to fill TJ's shoes. (Speaking of Waterford, anyone know how much longer he will be out? I believe he hurt his wrist in Anaheim...?)

Another TJ would be a nice Christmas present... santa

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleisfierce Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:19 am

99% sure Porter is gone for good. Not returning to the Bluff this semester and transferring to Weber to be closer to his family.

purpleisfierce
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:57 am

BJ was sitting near me at the game on Tuesday... I cant imagine it's good news if he keeps being spotted in the crowd, not with the team...

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:45 am

I am very concerned about the holes for next year. Bringing in a JC PG to a team that will still be very experienced may require a long adjustment period. Moving from JC to a university, then stepping in to lead a group that has been together for 2 or 3 years would be a huge challenge.

Back to top Go down

Post by upsailor Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:35 pm

up7587, what would you suggest if not a jc pt.grd.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:33 pm

The move of going from JC to NCAA is less challenging than the high school to NCAA...

Any transfer from another NCAA school would have to sit out a year... JC seems to be the way to go. And if Porter doesnt come back, recruit a high school PG, as well...

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:34 pm

upsailor wrote:up7587, what would you suggest if not a jc pt.grd.

I don't have a good suggestion. I guess I'm just pointing out that we should temper our hopes next year. I suppose the best would be a JC PG and a freshman PG, so the frosh can be ready when the JC leaves, and we aren't in the same spot again.

Back to top Go down

Post by upsailor Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:19 pm

up7587 - I believe that your thoughts on pt. grds' recruiting wise, are good ones as Waterford has yet to show he can guide a D-1 team. Unfortunatley he has been injured for about seven games so far and is going to have to hustle when he is ready to play as Ito is playing well, as compared to lastyear which was not good.
With BJ a very large question mark coming back and Hagerty's scholarship available a nd still one senior's available it looks like three still left. Rev could take two pt. grds., and a wing player also. Schaefer might get one but time will tell with him.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down