Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

awards

5 posters

Go down

awards Empty awards

Post by fan from afar Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Nobody has started this yet, so I will start a thread for end of season awards, in the estimation of the Pilot Nation. I will suggest four awards (feel free to suggest any others) - most valuable (player we could least afford to lose), best player (best season), most improved and rookie of the year. For consistency sake, I will suggest Cloee not be considered for this since she will be a rookie again next season.

My picks:

most valuable - Sophie
Best player - Michelle E
most improved - Danielle
rookie of the year - Kendall
Comeback player - Kendra (added category)

Wow - It's really tough leaving off some of our other players - Keelin, Kelsey, Kendra, Jessica, etc

Last edited by fan from afar on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
fan from afar
fan from afar
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

awards Empty Re: awards

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Kendra is clearly the "Comeback" player if you want to add that category...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by SoreKnees Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:32 pm

Hard to argue with any of those choices. Seems like Halley would have to get consideration for most improved, though, given that she went from a minimal contributor last year to 10 goals, some of them crucial, this year.
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:02 pm

Most Inspirational - Kelsey Davis (overcame injury and personal adversity and was a star and a leader on and off the field)

Rookie of the Year - Kendall Johnson (no contest)

Blooper Highlight of the Year - Taylor Brooke (for the play where she was running in on an open goal, slipped and fell before she got it and the ball ran harmlessly across the goal; Smile

Goal of the Season - Taylor Brooke (for the belter from outside the box against Denver. Not only was a great shot but the look on her face after scoring ti was priceless; a slightly embarrassed "Wow, did I really just do tjhat!" expression)

Heartbreak of the Season - MichE (needs no explanation)

Most Improved - Kendra, Halley, Danielle? Could be any one of them. Halley was a much more capable player by the end of the season. Danielle showed a mucgh more complete game while still being the Fox in the Box and racking up some great numbers. But I can't help it. Kendra went from sitting on the sidelines in a boot to making the regional all star team (with Sophie, MichE, Kelsey, and Danielle). She is the most elegant player on the team and had a great all-around season. It was a joy to watch her play. I'm looking forward to her senior season too.

Iron Horse Award - Keelin and Megan are the two players who started every one of the 22 games. Keelin is tough and uncompromising. Megan had a great senior season - playing most of it out of position int he center of the defense. Nobody gave more effort and played with more determination.

MVP - Sophie. Hard to pick one player because dani had a great season and MichE was a star as was Kelsey. But Sophie made complicated stuff look easy up front, was a calm influence on the team, and switched to midfield to form a great partnership with Keelin that stabilised the team.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by fan from afar Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:46 pm

How about Megan's year - she went from not starting (if Elli plays outside defender) to starting every game because of injuries and playing 90 minutes most games, and, as Harry said, filling in admirably while playing out of position.
fan from afar
fan from afar
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

awards Empty Most exciting

Post by UPWomenSoccerRookie Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:48 pm

Most exciting: Michele Enyeart -Anytime she headed toward the goal with the ball at her feet there was a charge in the air.

UPWomenSoccerRookie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fan from afar Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:04 am

I agree!!! Even more than that, in the two games I saw, when she was still playing attacking mid, the anticipation in the air was palpable when she would start one of her powerful full speed overlap runs WITHOUT the ball. She was truly fun to watch play.
fan from afar
fan from afar
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down