Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UCLA Pregame Release

+19
A_Fan
mattywizz
Harry Redknapp
fan from afar
ktinpurple
PurplePrideTrumpet
Geezaldinho
onetouchfutbol
MaizeBluePurple
chiefer
pms275
Poopdeck Pappy
Stonehouse
PilotDrummer
eProf
letsgopilots11
fwill
merlogirl
powerfan
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

UCLA Pregame Release Empty UCLA Pregame Release

Post by powerfan Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:14 am

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ucla/sports/w-soccer/auto_pdf/weekly_1123.pdf

powerfan
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

UCLA Pregame Release Empty Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by merlogirl Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:41 am

They're really not televising this game?

merlogirl
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fwill Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:00 am

I like the UP/UCLA Stats snapshot - turns out all of our stats are better. Go figure. But the normal "scouting the opposition" section is missing, so I guess UCLA just wants to focus on how cool they are and not think at all about the fact that we deserved the #1 seed they got.

And why isn't this game being televised???!!!
fwill
fwill
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by letsgopilots11 Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:53 pm

i wonder what people think when they look at that press release and see that UP certainly had the better overall season (stats wise, and rankings), and yet they got the #1 seed... GOOO PILOTS! BEAT UCLA!!!!

letsgopilots11
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by eProf Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:49 pm

I find it interesting that the average attendance at UCLA's road games (1133) is higher than at their home games (987). UCLA might have the lowest wins-to-fans ratio in the country.
eProf
eProf
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:26 pm

Will there even be a webcast of this game, or do we have to fire up the streaming audio and (shudder) gametracker?
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fwill Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:08 pm

I guess my big question is why won't there be a broadcast, either online or on cable tv? A bunch of the other tourney games have been available online and none of them had the expected viewership that the UP/UCLA game will have. Shouldn't somebody in UP's sports marketing department be arranging the necessary permissions?

Maybe I'm just bitter because I can't go to LA to watch the game, but that doesn't doesn't mean I should be denied my Pilot post-season fix!
fwill
fwill
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:55 pm

From what I remember, UCLA does not do video. That may have changed in the past year or two, but I definitely remember only listening to the last several playoff games we've had there.

And what... you don't find Gametracker to be reliable? Wink
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Poopdeck Pappy Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:07 pm

I have this mental picture of Pilot fans in their purple t-shirts huddled around their computers listening to the streaming audio much like folks gathered around their console radios during WWII listening to FDR's fireside chats.
Poopdeck Pappy
Poopdeck Pappy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by pms275 Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:30 pm

Blah blah blah....That's all I have to say about the release. This is the first time in quite a while where I'm not too concerned about beating UCLA. Frankly, this is one time I really believe that we have the better team.

Our defense will be busy and I don't expect a cakewalk, but there's no way we're losing a third time in the quarterfinals down there. Not going to happen. Evil or Very Mad
pms275
pms275
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by chiefer Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:45 pm

fwill wrote:I like the UP/UCLA Stats snapshot - turns out all of our stats are better. Go figure. But the normal "scouting the opposition" section is missing, so I guess UCLA just wants to focus on how cool they are and not think at all about the fact that we deserved the #1 seed they got.

If I were to close my eyes and have someone read this and other quotes that are on this blog without mentioning the school, Portland, I would think this was coming from some east coast snob-whining cry- babies. I think most rational fans throughout the country would say to get over your not being a #1 seed. You deserved it but it was not taken from you by UCLA! If anyone took it from you it was FSU and the committee to not have the west coast securing 3 #1's. If you believe the polls, the NSCAA, Soccer Times, Soccer America and Top Drawer, all have you and UCLA in the top 4 rankings, not FSU. So, go ahead and crank up the emotions with your rivalry and disdain for you opponent down south, which I can understand and respect but the other sarcastic comments are really childish and beneath this quality program. Your team will have a great opportunity to go down south (in great weather, I might add) and show the soccer world that you deserved to be in the final four. (Leave your drums behind) Good luck

chiefer
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by chiefer Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:46 pm

pms268 wrote:Blah blah blah....That's all I have to say about the release. This is the first time in quite a while where I'm not too concerned about beating UCLA. Frankly, this is one time I really believe that we have the better team.

Our defense will be busy and I don't expect a cakewalk, but there's no way we're losing a third time in the quarterfinals down there. Not going to happen. Evil or Very Mad

Now there's a great comment!

chiefer
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by fwill Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:46 pm

Poopdeck Pappy wrote:I have this mental picture of Pilot fans in their purple t-shirts huddled around their computers listening to the streaming audio much like folks gathered around their console radios during WWII listening to FDR's fireside chats.

That's exactly what we'll be doing, but I'll be sure to have a beer in hand! rendeer
fwill
fwill
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:54 pm

Step 1: Bring drums (after all, up to 25 uniformed band members are allowed).
Step 2: Beat Bruins.
Step 3: National title, baby.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.

Back to top Go down

Post by fwill Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:56 pm

chiefer wrote:

If I were to close my eyes and have someone read this and other quotes that are on this blog without mentioning the school, Portland, I would think this was coming from some east coast snob-whining cry- babies. I think most rational fans throughout the country would say to get over your not being a #1 seed. You deserved it but it was not taken from you by UCLA! If anyone took it from you it was FSU and the committee to not have the west coast securing 3 #1's. If you believe the polls, the NSCAA, Soccer Times, Soccer America and Top Drawer, all have you and UCLA in the top 4 rankings, not FSU. So, go ahead and crank up the emotions with your rivalry and disdain for you opponent down south, which I can understand and respect but the other sarcastic comments are really childish and beneath this quality program. Your team will have a great opportunity to go down south (in great weather, I might add) and show the soccer world that you deserved to be in the final four. (Leave your drums behind) Good luck[/quote]

Since you quoted me I feel compelled to respond. You're dang right I'm still irritated about not getting a #1 seed because I would like to be able to watch the game at Merlo instead of listening to it online and I think almost everyone else on this blog agrees with that sentiment (you would be the obvious exception). Florida State and UNC both got seeds over UP that were questionable and they get the pleasure of playing at home. UCLA fans aren't known for the hospitality, so I sure hope that the drum squad can make it down and give UCLA a view of what a good fan base looks like. We like our soccer and we talk about it openly on this forum, sarcasm and all, and it's rare that any soccer program, quality or not, has a fan base that follows their team so closely. I'm not apologetic for anything I've posted and I do look forward to the UCLA game.
fwill
fwill
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:57 pm

Dude, don't feed the troll.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by MaizeBluePurple Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:58 pm

Poopdeck Pappy wrote:I have this mental picture of Pilot fans in their purple t-shirts huddled around their computers listening to the streaming audio much like folks gathered around their console radios during WWII listening to FDR's fireside chats.

This is exactly what I do every year, as I have to travel back east for Thanksgiving.
MaizeBluePurple
MaizeBluePurple
***PilotFans Donor***
***PilotFans Donor***

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:01 am

chiefer wrote:
fwill wrote:I like the UP/UCLA Stats snapshot - turns out all of our stats are better. Go figure. But the normal "scouting the opposition" section is missing, so I guess UCLA just wants to focus on how cool they are and not think at all about the fact that we deserved the #1 seed they got.

If I were to close my eyes and have someone read this and other quotes that are on this blog without mentioning the school, Portland, I would think this was coming from some east coast snob-whining cry- babies. I think most rational fans throughout the country would say to get over your not being a #1 seed. You deserved it but it was not taken from you by UCLA! If anyone took it from you it was FSU and the committee to not have the west coast securing 3 #1's. If you believe the polls, the NSCAA, Soccer Times, Soccer America and Top Drawer, all have you and UCLA in the top 4 rankings, not FSU. So, go ahead and crank up the emotions with your rivalry and disdain for you opponent down south, which I can understand and respect but the other sarcastic comments are really childish and beneath this quality program. Your team will have a great opportunity to go down south (in great weather, I might add) and show the soccer world that you deserved to be in the final four. (Leave your drums behind) Good luck

Definitely bring the drums.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by chiefer Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:02 am

They'll be confiscated

chiefer
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:06 am

chiefer wrote:They'll be confiscated

We like challenges. Bring it. It's good for the rivalry. UCLA Pregame Release Icon_twisted
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:23 am

read your NCAA tournament rulebook.

UCLA MUST admit 25 members of an approved band or cheer group and their instuments for FREE if they are in uniform.

See pictures of drum squad in kilts.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:30 am

Geezaldinho wrote:

read your NCAA tournament rulebook.

UCLA MUST admit 25 members of an approved band or cheer group and their instuments for FREE if they are in uniform.

See pictures of drum squad in kilts.
Come on Larry, make it happen!

Leave the drums at home. *snicker* Football culture n00b... Laughing
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ktinpurple Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:35 am

Whoa... Nobody blames UCLA but that doesn't change how much I (or we) dislike them. he he. It's a rivalry! Of course we dislike them!

GO PILOTS!!!!
ktinpurple
ktinpurple
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ktinpurple Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:37 am

"childish and beneath this quality program."

LOL. Chill out man.
ktinpurple
ktinpurple
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:45 am

Confiscate this. UCLA Pregame Release 440967

(Dead horse symbolizes a Bruin. Ironically, we beat it like a drum)
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next