Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bracket Selection TODAY at 5:00!!!

+12
runner girl
DaTruRochin
FANatic
ekrauss
pms275
onetouchfutbol
UPSoccerFanatic
Geezaldinho
harryb
fan from afar
FSUfan
Stonehouse
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bracket Selection TODAY at 5:00!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bracket Selection TODAY at 5:00!!!

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:43 pm

pms268 wrote:
That's what I was afraid of. My wife was pointing out a few times this season that our opponents were a little weak...I mean the scores we were racking up on some of them gave that away. That being said, I have confidence that we're a College Cup team.

So you're saying we can blame this on the Zags ineptitude? I'll take it.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Bracket Selection TODAY at 5:00!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bracket Selection TODAY at 5:00!!!

Post by FANatic Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:46 pm

This is a joke, right? Like Marta is coming to play for the Pilots next year?

C'mon people! Give it to us straight. We're hosting all four rounds, right? (Geezer said earlier we were hosting rounds 1 and 2. I don't think he'd prank us again after all the grief we gave him.) Very Happy

Didn't fool me this time!!!

What three teams will we be hosting this week-end?

We are the U of P! You Can Not Stop Us!

Goal Celebration! Goal Celebration! Goal Celebration!
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by runner girl Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:52 pm

I have no doubt that the pilots can take UCLA, but I'd like to see Boise St knock them out in the first round.

runner girl
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by pms275 Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:53 pm

University of Denver, University of Washington and Ole Miss
pms275
pms275
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:55 pm

FANatic,
we're hosting the 1st three rounds. the fourth should ucla stumble along the way
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:04 pm

fozziewozzie wrote:FANatic,
we're hosting the 1st three rounds. the fourth should ucla stumble along the way
Like I said on another thread, UCLA has to win those three games to host a quarterfinal. We need to win three games to have a chance at hosting.

FANatic, here is the schedule this weekend:

First Round, Friday:
Washington-Mississippi, 4 pm
Portland-Denver, 7pm

Second Round: Winners play Sunday at noon.

PS, everyone: In 2002 the Pilots played a grand total of ONE playoff home game. They got shipped to somewhere in Utah the first two rounds, beat Richmond at home in the Sweet 16, then went down to Stanford for the quarters and beat them on penalties.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:31 pm

and i believe that the 2005 team got shipped off to nebraska for the 1st two rounds as well, despite being undefeated an the #1 ranked team in the country.
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Seeding kinda sucks, but no matter where you're seeded you still have to win six games. Go Pilots!
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by UPFAN Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:49 pm

It is what is it. We have a good chance based on the brackets, so I am exticed. The seed does not matter as much as the performance. If we play like we can, I think we are actually in a great spot.

UPFAN
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:35 pm

onetouchfutbol wrote:
ekrauss wrote:Can anyone give me any explanation for us as a 2 seed below UCLA? Makes no sense to me.

It's based on RPI. Frankly, we didn't schedule enough tough opponents to compete with a pretty loaded Pac-10. They played more teams that made the tourney than we did.

I'd buy this, except that last year we had the toughest non-conference schedule in the country, were way at the top of the heap after the non-conference season, went undefeated in conference, and still didn't get a #1 seed. The NCAA thinks it can get away with shafting Portland. Where's the outrage from the school administration on this?
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2