Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tanner Riley

4 posters

Go down

Tanner Riley Empty Tanner Riley

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:27 pm

Here's an article on Tanner Riley with interview.

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/east_king/svr/sports/63625397.html
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Tanner Riley Empty Re: Tanner Riley

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:28 am

Nice Find Geez,

Now can you get the Jamoke' who is the columnist to trim that thing growing off of the front of face and everythings cool Razz. I hope that is his grandaughter,yee gads, another yuppie pounding out kids in his second marriage. Like there are not neglected children he's having more,so the ones already here can suffer because of it.Public Service Announcement.....How about ADOPTION....back to the medicine cabinet....wheres my Valium......step off the Soap Box Mesa.....

I will have to interject, some of these kid's while more talented at this stage in their BB careers then current Pilots are in for a rude awakening when they step into the box across from the likes of Washington,Gonzaga,Oregon, UCLA and other quality D-1 teams. Bailey is rated Ok by ESPN and so is Nickolas, but outside the "Sham" man I don't see any of these kids contributing greatly other than in a reserve role intially. I think Stohl,Luke , and Kramers senior year these young men will be a good push that someone like Jasonn (who always needs a little "UMFPTAH") needs if he wants to mantain any playing minutes. Oh, to be 17 again, the stud in your little town, and headed off to the big city Portland.Then the college academics hit, everybody's as fast,stronger, as tall, etc.....and the real world of Division 1 NCAA BB Hits. cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops

Mesa the Pilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Tanner Riley Empty Tanner Riley

Post by wrv Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:51 am

The article posted by Geezer indicates that someone aside from the coaching staff here thought he was a player worthy of an offer--never a bad sign of one's ability on the court, probably more telling than the rating services who are often behind the curve because they rate based on offers of which they are aware. I suspect that Pooh Jeter had fewer offers than Tanner yet he turned out okay basketball wise (and otherwise). I am not sure I would relegatee this young man to the bench. We certainly have had far less heralded recruits prove to be quality starters. Looks to me like the recruiting reflects some of the on court success.

Go Pilots and welcome Riley.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:03 pm

I'm sure he will contribute,Maybe not start his freshman year, but who knows, it's probably just the way my sqrewed up grammer comes across. I think as you do he is a welcome addition and Wowza is Rev. cranking in some great "under the radar" recruits. The only thing I worry about these days in Portland Pilot BB is will the treasure chest be deep enough to keep Eric Reveno in Portland when the BCS schools come calling Rolling Eyes ???. He has done a 180 degree turnaround on the Bluff with the men's program, and I hope his intensity, coaching skills, and awesome recruiting are rewarded come contract renogiations with the AD Williams.

I wish Riley nothing but good luck, and Rev keep those quality recruits commin....

MesaPilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by oldtimer Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Mesa I think you will be pleasently surprised at the ability and initial contribution some of these recruits will make as freshmen. You mentioned Nicholas and Riley, both of whom played for one of the top AAU teams in the nation, FOH. They have played against the best high school teams and players in the country and obviously held their own. I agree with you that current recruits are at a higher level today than recruits of the past and it will show their first year. I see at least one or two logging more minutes than not and again as you mentioned push the seniors to be better players and more competitive.
If anyone is in contact with current players ask them what they think of the class of 2010, I believe some of them had to have played with the team already in open gyms.
All in all an encouraging sign of a great program continuing to grow.

oldtimer
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Yes,
I agree that Rev is becoming more established in his position. What I really believed helped recruit many of these younger guys to UP was last years remarkable turnaround. All the "so-called experts" and other pundits had the opinion that the Pilot's were going to be an also-ran, lucky to finish in the top half of the WCC.
The defeat of the Huskies, the good early start, and the trouncing of St Mary's (They can use the Patty Mills excuse if they want we still beat them soundly), and Portland Pilot's first appearence in the Post-Season gave Rev much more credibility when he sat down in the Recruits home across from the Parents and Player. UP is no longer a school that has to be lucky to get a top level recruit. I just know one thing about 2010 after I did some personal research on Shamburger he is far and away the best recruit to verbal to UP since I dare say the name Greg Anthony. This kid has next level potential (NBA) and I know St@@@ho@@e is pretty high on the kid too. We can pine for the days of Pooh and Donald Cooper but I prefer to stick to the Present.....Nik Ravio and TJ Campbell the two returning 1st team all-WCC preformers.
I believe each one of the four recruits mentioned has all WCC potential, but my hope is that everything works out with Sham and UP. I believe Sham. is the type of player (ala Ravio-first half Zag game in Chiles something like 20 pts at intermission) that will give the Zag's fits and with the three solid young post's coming in the Pilot's are looking good for many years to come.

I'm in total agreement that the program has turned the corner, and unless the bottom falls out I believe the teams will mantain a high level of play way beyond 2009-2010 season.

Welcome to the board,thanks for bearing with my sp. and grammer, and between u and Shipstad with the regular PN BB nutcase's we all seem to have a good time. Except when Mesa starts going crazy and

Beating a Dead Horse to get some posting about the team.

Oh well, back to the medicine cabinet.

Learning through "higher medication",lol.

Mesa the Pilot1 oh my

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down