Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USA Women Eliminated

3 posters

Go down

USA Women Eliminated Empty USA Women Eliminated

Post by PilotNut Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:45 pm

Ugh, sounds like an ugly match. Brazil 4, USA 0. pale

http://blog.oregonlive.com/sportsupdates/2007/09/womens_world_cup_brazil_elimin.html

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

USA Women Eliminated Empty Re: USA Women Eliminated

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:33 pm

About the worst I have seen the USA play. even worse that the Germany match here in Portland.

The goalie change blew up in Ryan's face, Boxx gets red carded in what is probably the worst call in history (since when is it a red card to have someone run up your back?).

But the US just got flat out beat.

goal one- Scurry is perfectly in line on a shot and it gets cut off by Osborne for an own goal header.

Goal two- Stephanie gets beat on the sideline by Marta (she beat everyone all night), cruises 25 yards unmarked to the top of the box and places the ball in the lower corner. Scurry looked 36 yrs. old on the play.

Boxx gets red card. if you see the video, you won't believe the call.

Stephanie gets taken out - USA goes into a 3-4-2, inserts two DEFENDERS to make that work!!!

Marta and Christiana beat the USA defense like a drum for two more goals.

Ugly doesn't describe it.

Oh yeah, The USA decided the way to counter Brasil is the long ball. We know how well that works.

And Marta showed why some call her the best in the world.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

USA Women Eliminated Empty Re: USA Women Eliminated

Post by ninjapizza Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:30 am

Considering how the Hope Solo situation was handled... I hope Garrett never releases a Pilot to Greg Ryan ever again.

The quotes from the coach and captain are that the ostracizing and abandonment of Hope Solo were a decision of Ryan's after consulting team "leaders". (Which is hilarious because I didn't see any leaders in Thursday's game.) The team "leaders" made it seem like it was a unanimous team decision. Since I think very highly of Steph Lopez and others on that team, I hope it was not.

If Ryan retains his job, I hope all the major college coaches refuse to release their players to him, if this is the lesson they can learn from the Greatest Team on the world's biggest stage.
ninjapizza
ninjapizza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down