Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESPN's WCC Preview

3 posters

Go down

ESPN's WCC Preview Empty ESPN's WCC Preview

Post by Stonehouse Mon Sep 24 2007, 10:59

Check it out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2974624

It's a pretty good preview actually, I would say, though it is a bit Zag-centric and says that Jones is the league's third leading rebounder. Oops! So I guess whoever wrote it didn't do all their homework.

But still, it's a pretty good read.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

ESPN's WCC Preview Empty Re: ESPN's WCC Preview

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Sep 24 2007, 12:19

Nice article. looks like they forgot to update the stats. The articles themselves looked pretty accurate, though.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

ESPN's WCC Preview Empty Re: ESPN's WCC Preview

Post by upforever Mon Sep 24 2007, 15:25

My idea of 'baby steps' is a 12 win season !

Portland
Baby steps. It's where the Pilots are right now. A 9-23 team under first-year coach Eric Reveno last season, Portland ended a 10-year winless streak in the conference tournament with a first-round victory against Loyola Marymount. The returning starters are senior wing Sherrard Watson (28 starts last season after none the previous two seasons) and sophomore point guard Taishi Ito. Eight newcomers are on the roster, including Dutch junior national team member Robin Smeulders; redshirt sophomore guard Nik Raivio, brother of former Gonzaga standout point guard Derek Raivio; and freshman forward Luke Sikma, son of former NBA star Jack Sikma.

upforever
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down