Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next game... vs. Sutherland Sharks

4 posters

Go down

Next game... vs. Sutherland Sharks Empty Next game... vs. Sutherland Sharks

Post by cjacks14 Wed May 20, 2009 4:20 am

I'll try to give a little preview of the teams we will be playing in the next few days.

Tomorrow's game against Sutherland will also be a tough one. I've personally played against this team before and they arent the most talented team but they are really solid and well-drilled. They aren't a big team, but they will be tough. These guys are a lot older than the AIS team too. Sutherland plays in a league which is very loosely a minor league. A lot of guys that play in the National league play in this league in the offseason.

Sutherland are currently 3rd in their league. They only have a few guys over 6'5" so the pilots should have a big size advantage. I'd expect the Pilots to outrebound these guys pretty handily. But this team is very solid and experienced so i think it will be a different sort of game than the AIS one. I would guess the AIS played a very uptempo kind of game. Sutherland are much more likely to play a half-court game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sutherland pull some guys in for the game, guys that play or have played in the national league. It should be a good hit out for the Pilots. Especially backing up from the day before. Luckily it should only be a 1 hour drive max.

I'll be at the game tomorrow night so i'll post a little review and some pics (if i remember to take my camera to work tomorrow).

let me know if you want me to look out for anything in particular!

GO PILOTS
cjacks14
cjacks14
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Next game... vs. Sutherland Sharks Empty Re: Next game... vs. Sutherland Sharks

Post by Rochin54 Wed May 20, 2009 8:34 am

Good stuff cjacks. Man, there is also a lot of good stuff on JBs blog on portlandpilots!!
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed May 20, 2009 10:50 am

Quick, someone FedEx him a "Slip It In" T-shirt!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed May 20, 2009 7:13 pm

CoachRevenoTonight we take on the Sutherland Sharks. I think we will start Taishi, Nem, BJ, Robin, and Jasonn. Want to get everyone good experience.

Here's to hoping we see that line up a LOT next season (when we are comfortably up by 25 at half Razz )
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down