Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IT'S OFFICIAL DAVE LIBBEY RETIRES AS A REFEREE!!!

+2
DaTruRochin
MesaPilot1
6 posters

Go down

IT'S OFFICIAL DAVE LIBBEY RETIRES AS A REFEREE!!! Empty IT''S OFFICIAL DAVE LIBBEY RETIRES AS A REFEREE!!!

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed May 13, 2009 2:34 pm

ALONG WITH ACCEPTING HIS NEW POSITION AS HEAD OF REFEREE'S FOR WCC HE HAS RETIRED AS AN ACTIVE OFFICIAL. SEE WCC CONFERENCE SITE.

cheers Yahoo! Party!!! Yahoo! Give me Beer!

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

IT'S OFFICIAL DAVE LIBBEY RETIRES AS A REFEREE!!! Empty Re: IT'S OFFICIAL DAVE LIBBEY RETIRES AS A REFEREE!!!

Post by DaTruRochin Wed May 13, 2009 3:19 pm

Haha I wonder if they'll let him make "guest appearances" for big games in the Pac 10 and NCAAs.... Hitting my head agai
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

IT'S OFFICIAL DAVE LIBBEY RETIRES AS A REFEREE!!! Empty Re: IT'S OFFICIAL DAVE LIBBEY RETIRES AS A REFEREE!!!

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed May 13, 2009 4:27 pm

He's a career guy. He's probably heading to the NBA...where corruption happens. Ooops, did I really say that? Not to self: do not blog all thoughts...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu May 28, 2009 12:58 pm

I posted this under the Women's B-ball forum as well, but apparently Violet Palmer is going to be the person taking over the women's officiating in the same position as Big Game Dave...

Violet Palmer joins WCC
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:49 am

Interesting article in the Spokesman Review on the job Libbey is doing... sounds like good news to me. LINK

Credit to WCC tweet.
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:02 am

PilotNut wrote:Interesting article in the Spokesman Review on the job Libbey is doing... sounds like good news to me. LINK

Credit to WCC tweet.

One key quote:
"Look," he said, "we're not going to have 47 Dave Libbeys running up and down the floor. That isn't what this is about."
Cheers!

I am encouraged that he is making an emphasis on more refs. It seems like we've been seeing the same guys for a large percentage of the games. Of course, if you have the same refs all the time, at least you know how they work the game. Something else to watch this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:18 pm

Just noticed this tweet from Rev a couple weeks ago:
Dave Libbey, new coordinator of officials for WCC, visited with staff and team before scrimmage today. Love his passion and expertise.

Guess Coach doesn't have as many issues as some of us fans with Mr. Libbey. I'm sure he wouldn't say something just to be on DL's good side! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:01 am

Ha-ha, spoke with MesaPilot1's sister this past Saturday, so I figured that gave me the excuse to restore one of his threads......)

Baylor coach Kim Mulkey is one of my favorites because she’s good, and she’s fiery….

Well today that fiery side has gotten her a suspended from the next NCAA tournament game her team participates in, whether she’s at Baylor or some other institution.

In addition, the Division I Committee issued her a public reprimand for her comments regarding the officiating in Baylor’s loss to Louisville during last year’s NCAA tournament. Baylor was also in essence fined by the committee through the withholding of travel per diem that the NCAA gives to teams participating in championship events.

I bet we see an even bigger crackdown on men’s and women’s coaches yelling at the refs this coming season, but if you watched the game, you’ll know that Kim had plenty to be upset about.

Although, I gotta admit, she might have gone a little too far:
Specifically, Mulkey made disparaging comments about the officials during the postgame press conference following Baylor’s regional semifinal loss to Louisville on March 31 at the Oklahoma City Regional. The NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee noted this is the second misconduct act by Mulkey during the past three championships and believes a more stringent penalty is appropriate to prevent these actions from continuing. She also received a public reprimand for comments to the media following the 2011 championship.
IT'S OFFICIAL DAVE LIBBEY RETIRES AS A REFEREE!!! Kim10

Last edited by DoubleDipper on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11214
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:12 am

Haha.

Her face is the Billiken blue, but she doesn't quite have the wink down.

IT'S OFFICIAL DAVE LIBBEY RETIRES AS A REFEREE!!! 87bbfa4c7d41eca41e8469f766e421c3
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:37 pm

Oh, man.....can you imagine the talking-to she would have gotten from Buzz if she'd have jumped on the Pilots' floor with those high heals?  tongue
IT'S OFFICIAL DAVE LIBBEY RETIRES AS A REFEREE!!! Kim_211
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11214
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:13 pm

She seems . . unlikely to change.

From a Dallas Morning News profile:
“I was my father’s all-American boy,” Mulkey said. “He was a great dad. If I can be half the mother he was as a father when I was growing up, my kids will be good.”

Mulkey and her father haven’t spoken in 25 years.

The daughter felt betrayed when her father and mother divorced. Daughter invited father and his new wife to her 1987 wedding to Randy Robertson. There was a disagreement where the new wife would sit during the ceremony. The bride was determined that it wouldn’t be with the wedding party.

Father didn’t attend the wedding. A final plea, a registered letter written and sent by Robertson didn’t solicit a response. Kim Mulkey walked down the aisle alone.

Grandfather has never met his grandchildren.

“I had no control of the situation when he chose to break up our family,” Mulkey said. “But I could control my wedding day. It was my day. He should have respected my wishes. He should have been there for me.”
LINK

Back to top Go down