Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seth Curry to Duke.... (Tony) Bennett to Virginia...

+6
VikThunder
Geezaldinho
Rob's Jacket
onetouchfutbol
PilotNut
DaTruRochin
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Seth Curry to Duke.... (Tony) Bennett to Virginia... Empty Seth Curry to Duke.... (Tony) Bennett to Virginia...

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:01 pm

I dont know what is more surprising, the fact that Seth Curry transferred to Duke... Or the fact that he went to Jerry Falwell University to begin with....
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4026095

And Bennett to UVA?? It doesn't really surprise me THAT much, recruiting kids to an ACC school might be slightly easier than Pullman....
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4028642

And then there's that whole John Calipari to KU business...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Seth Curry to Duke.... (Tony) Bennett to Virginia... Empty Re: Seth Curry to Duke.... (Tony) Bennett to Virginia...

Post by PilotNut Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:22 pm

It looks like it is shaping up to be a busy weekend in the lobbies of the hotels in Detroit this weekend... Lots of AD's looking for coaches...

It will be interesting to see who Wazzu goes after. And Arizona. And (?) Oregon. And (?) Memphis...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Seth Curry to Duke.... (Tony) Bennett to Virginia... Empty Re: Seth Curry to Duke.... (Tony) Bennett to Virginia...

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:29 pm

PilotNut wrote:
It will be interesting to see who Wazzu goes after. And Arizona. And (?) Oregon. And (?) Memphis...

Well honestly Bennett did what he could at WSU and pretty much reached the ceiling there... Haha maybe they'll bring Kelvin Sampson back Shocked
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:18 pm

UNC fans will be hurling over the Seth Curry thing...or maybe that's why they refer to Duke as Puke.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Bennett to Virginia seems pretty surprising to me.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:30 pm

Rob's Jacket wrote:Bennett to Virginia seems pretty surprising to me.

Seriously. So much for continuing his father's legacy...but, who wants a legacy in Pullman? People are just as likely to talk about the best years in cattle and the livestock industry there as they are about men's basketball.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:41 pm

This is the week where I worry about how happy Reveno is. Anybody bought him a beer lately?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:51 pm

Are there any more rumors about Mark Few going to U of O since he apparently has family in Oregon? I don't think it would be a wise move...but, hey, the only kind of duck that I enjoy is well-done.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:01 pm

I was thinking the same thing, Geez, about this time of year...

The Wazzu opening makes me nervous (BTW, Bennet's departure is confirmed here ), but one would have to think our friends down at PSU are even more nervous... Ken Bone is also ripe for the picking...

Anyone know if Williams was able to get Rev's contract extension (that he referred to previously) taken care of yet? I cant believe LW would let him go to Detroit without that in place...

If the 2009-2010 season goes as well as I think it could bounce , and we make some noise, then I will be really nervous. I am just not sure if Rev has proved himself enough for the "big boys" to come calling... yet... and I dont get the vibe that he is the type to just jump at the first offer... (Obviously the close call with Stanford was different, as that is where he came from...)
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:10 pm

The one thing we have going for us is that Rev is a bit of a gambler (he came here, didn't he) and that he's the kind of guy who wants to see things though.

I don't think anyone thinks he's done here yet.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:20 pm

I was more surprised he didn't leave last year... And to go into the oh so brutal recruiting territory of Virginia competing with fellow ACCers along with the rest of the touted Big East schools is no picnic...

I'd have to see what the contract situation was, and perhaps WSU's dedication to the B-ball program financially probably wasn't nearly what he would see back east. But really with the best players of the NW already being very picked over (that and none of the local good ones having any desire to play their college ball in Pullman, I mean we make fun of GU and Spokane, but uh Pullman, thats a whole other level) He pretty much did what he could with that program and stayed this year out of respect to the school/his players, I really don't see how him leaving comes as THAT much of a shock...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:11 pm

http://www.oregonlive.com/vikings/index.ssf/2009/03/cougars_to_interview_psus_bone.html

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:46 pm

I'll just be happy to have Bennett-ball on the other side of the country... It makes my eyes bleed, and at least every ACC game isn't televised... oh... wait....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by VikThunder Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Reveno should be mentioned for the WSU job as well. He's done a terrific at UP. Plus he has all that Pac-10 experience.

VikThunder
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:19 pm

VikThunder wrote:Reveno should be mentioned for the WSU job as well. He's done a terrific at UP. Plus he has all that Pac-10 experience.

Seth Curry to Duke.... (Tony) Bennett to Virginia... Ph161459

LALALA! I'm not listening! LALALA!!!!

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:32 pm

Didn't hear much, but some chatter on The Fan mentioned rumors of Arizona interest in Few.

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:39 pm

I am sure there are many, many schools interested in Few. I think the issue here is Few's (lack of) interest in UA, UO, etc...

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:13 pm

PilotNut wrote:I am sure there are many, many schools interested in Few. I think the issue here is Few's (lack of) interest in UA, UO, etc...

Okay, so then the question becomes "What can WE do to get Mark Few interested in UA, UO, etc.?"

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:41 am

Rob's Jacket wrote:
VikThunder wrote:Reveno should be mentioned for the WSU job as well. He's done a terrific at UP. Plus he has all that Pac-10 experience.

Seth Curry to Duke.... (Tony) Bennett to Virginia... Ph161459

LALALA! I'm not listening! LALALA!!!!

Rob, to be honest, I would suggest not posting topless pictures of yourself online - it never bodes well for your professional career.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:27 am

The feeling among Cougar fans was that Bennett would stay until the Wisconsin job opened up. Guess that fell through...
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:28 am

athleticjames wrote:

Seriously. So much for continuing his father's legacy...but, who wants a legacy in Pullman? People are just as likely to talk about the best years in cattle and the livestock industry there as they are about men's basketball.
^^^never been to Pullman.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:40 am

I was wondering when you would pipe up
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:07 am

Rochin54 wrote:I was wondering when you would pipe up
Now you can wonder when I'll pipe down!
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by ekrauss Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:43 am

The Spokane papers indicate that PSU's coach is big friends with the WSU AD, so I think Bone is more likely to end up in Pullman than Reveno.

ekrauss
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:45 am

Pullman is a great place to be from.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next