Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Simple Request...

5 posters

Go down

A Simple Request... Empty A Simple Request...

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:31 pm

Someone give Steve Lavin a coaching job.... NOW.... I can't take any more of his hyperbolic, baroquely metaphoric, and flat out annoying announcing... SO awful...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

A Simple Request... Empty Re: A Simple Request...

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:16 pm

No but seriously... He makes Joe Morgan sound like Robert Frost...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:03 pm

And to think I was just beihg crabby because we were losing yesterday. I guess I am not the only one who think's he need's to drive the garbage truck that goes down my street. Not really , that is to dignified of a job for that KNUCKLEHEAD. Bardo isn't much better but at least he has some insight into the game once in a while. Suspect

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:10 pm

Sometimes... When he can get a word in between Lavin's contrived ramblings with Vegas metaphors and whatnot... But that said his delivery isn't exactly stellar. At least hes better than Craig Ehlo or Petros Papidakis...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:14 pm

And no you aren't being crabby, Lavin is just flat out terrible... He should only be allowed in the studio so he just gets about 2 lines to blab cliche nothingness. Nobody should be be forced into listening to an entire game of improvisational drivel that I'm pretty sure single-handedly dropped my IQ at least 16 points...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Tell how you really feel, TruRochin. Maybe to make your point you should use more symbols of your emotions like Mesa...something like this. Lavin is a pig disguised as a broadcaster!!! Bleeping idiot affraid
What the heck is he doing saying that Bouldin makes his teammates better than anyone he's ever seen!!! Mad Mad Mad Does the dude even remember some of the talent that he coached at UCLA??? pale What gives? HOLY BLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:20 pm

Well I do remember going to a game in HS watching Michael "Un" Fey "dable" barely beat my Lions at Capitol... Fey was supposed to be this amazing player discovered during summer pick up games at UCLA and this big get by Lavin... A friend of mine and I spent the whole game taunting his lazy play, saying "does coach Laving know how you really play" and "wiping off your shoes won't make it better Mike" and "UCLA" for all 6 FT he bricked... But I digress, I'd say his recruitment was kind of the beginning of the end for Lavin...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:06 pm

I believe this was Lavin, it'd almost have to be:

"He's wheelin' and dealin' like a blackjack (pause) dealer here in Vegas!" (Regarding Bouldin's assists to teamates)
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:32 pm

yeah it was... And then he kept rambling about it for the next minute...

And then there was the exchange during the UP/SMC game... "The Raivios, the royalty of the WCC" then 1 minute later... "Raivio, he really is part of a WCC royalty with his big brother Derek and his dad"...

Uh yeah, we get it, the only thing you know about UP is that Nik is a brother of Derek and a son of Rick... And all of them were good.

Where is Ken Tremendous when we need him??
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:36 pm

athleticjames wrote:Does the dude even remember some of the talent that he coached at UCLA???
Well, he did a whole lot of nothing when he was there, so he probably wasn't paying that much attention.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:31 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:
athleticjames wrote:Does the dude even remember some of the talent that he coached at UCLA???
Well, he did a whole lot of nothing when he was there, so he probably wasn't paying that much attention.

Look, I'm not a fan of the guy as a broadcaster, but, he did win a National Championship game in 1995, and he coached Baron Davis...who has turned into a very good pro. For him to state that Bouldin makes players better more than anyone he has ever seen like he did in the game was a slap in the face to some of the guys who he coached:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Lavin
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:44 pm

He AND Lorenzo Romar won a title in 1995.... As assistants... And Romar was credited with recruiting most of the recruits for that team. Lavin just kind of let the program slowly decline.

And yeah we all know what Trevor Ariza can do to people, the last thing I'd do is try and anger him...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:25 am

It's a fact that once Lavin had to start recruiting it showed that his skill's in that area were non-exsistant. Most college coach's have good team's in Westwood, Ben Holland has been in the final four the last 3 yr's.

Steve Lavin ruined the program at UCLA that it took a couple of year's to make up for his mistake's. His coaching career was about as noteworthy as Dick Vitale. Except Lavin is a Joke ,and periodically Vitale ,between hyping every team on the East Coast (especially Duke), doe's some good anaylis. I don't know how he obtained this label "coach". The UCLA program won the game that year in the NCAA's. He just was in the right place at the right time.
So are lottery winners, and people who win a large jackpot in Nevada,the Indian Res. or Atlantic City.

If he was such a great coach at UCLA , I'm sure he would still be coaching in college. I remember he was "banished" from college basketball for a few years after being forced out of his job there. He had taken a proud progam and got lucky with someone else's recruits, his coaching was so awful, he then was forced out of a coaching job at a school with a proud tradition. They were TIRED of his losing ways

The honorable(sometimes,lol)

MesaPilot

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:34 pm

athleticjames wrote:
Look, I'm not a fan of the guy as a broadcaster, but, he did win a National Championship game in 1995, and he coached Baron Davis...who has turned into a very good pro.
Jim Harrick was UCLA's coach in 1995. It's like Mesa has said about Mark Spew: He had some great players and the name of the program brought in some recruits, but how much coaching did he do?
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum