Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

seating?

3 posters

Go down

seating? Empty seating?

Post by stryker29 Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:06 pm

Hello everyone, great site. I am a .father of two soccer playing girls down here in Salem. Recently we have been attending the women's pilots games( most recently the Fla State game). We usually sit on either end of the bleachers(seats without the backs) and usually have to give up the seats to go stand(behind the yellow line of course) to catch the action in the second half. Can you guys recommend a better seating situation? I usually have a group of six or larger with at least 4 kids in tow.By kids I mean the youngest 9 and the oldest 13. The atmosphere is fantastic and the kids really enjoy watching but sometimes cannot see, although in the Fla State game that was a blessing in disguise as we moved to the south goal at the half and were staring down that amazing effort by Rapinoe to win the game. Anyway, your help is appreciated. Oh yea, what's the deal with the barbecue/beer tent on the north side, is it invitation only?

stryker29
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

seating? Empty Seats

Post by PilotNut Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:49 pm

Great to have you on board!

The tent on the N end is for Pilot Club members... those (like me! Smile ) who donate to the athletic department. Members get access to a reception area for soccer & basketball games.

As far as giving your seats up... I guess you could have someone stay in the seats at halftime to save them... but I am not sure if that is what you mean. If your rears are in the seats, its hard for someone to take them from you! Wink I have had pretty good luck taking shifts to go get snacks, bathroom, etc... also having a blanket or something to lay on the seats when people leave helps "keep" them.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

seating? Empty Re: seating?

Post by stryker29 Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:53 pm

Thanks for the response. What I meant was that we normally just leave our seats to get a better view of the action. Was hoping someone could recommend a good section for seeing the entire field first and second half. I'm thinking half way up in the middle section of the bleachers, but have not sat there before so was wondering if there is a particular spot that is better than others. Thanks again.

stryker29
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:33 pm

The Florida State game was more crowded than normal, so folks are crammed in tight. For the day games, it's usually more casual.

I guess it depends on what you want to see. I sit in the fur lined seats in sections E and D, but that's 'cause I'm old and decrepit, so I need a comfy seat. And I've gotten to know the regulars in my section as friends after all these years. We've been through all the wars together, and that makes it more fun.`

Some of my buddies swear by the end zone seats. they say the action is more exciting there and they get to see plays develop better. Several of the local coaches sit there.

If I was bringing lots of kids and was sitting in the bleachers, I'd sit 8 or more rows up. Then the kids who keep popping up aren't in your line of sight. Also, I wouldn't sit on the end zone side of an aisle. the folks who can't stay in their seats will always be in your view. the seats in the middle of a section are better that way, even if they are a little further from midfield. You'll need to come early to get those.

The field bleachers on the far side are OK. they are sometimes even preferred in the hot weather, because they are shaded. I'm not a fan of ground level seating, though, so sit in the back. Don't try sitting in the student section--they don't sit.

The truth is, if you become a die-hard Pilot fan, you'll eventually spring for the individual seats. It usually takes about 3 seasons, from my observation.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

seating? Empty Wise Advise

Post by PilotNut Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:48 pm

Geezer, I swore many season ago that it would never be worth it to pay for the fancy purple seats... but I have thought the last couple times I have gone that it sure would be nice... Funny how an aching back will do that. Rolling Eyes

Next year, I may be converted! Wink

I have sat in the end zone seats, too... and it is indeed a different view and you can see things develop better up and down the field; the player spacing, the passes, etc... from that standpoint it is fun. And when the Pilots score on the goal right in front of you, its AWESOME! And even the other end of the field isnt that far away...

You hear the students less there, but hear the main grandstand quite well. Try it out for a game--it's worth it.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:00 am

The most expensive seats in the CCSC are still some of the most reasonable seats at a sporting event in town.

do yourself a favor. loosen your wallet a little.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum