Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pepperdine, Thursday 7pm, Chiles Center

+9
Stonehouse
mattywizz
onetouchfutbol
DaTruRochin
PilotDrummer
MesaPilot1
ShipstadPilot11
Rochin54
PilotNut
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Pepperdine, Thursday 7pm, Chiles Center - Page 3 Empty Re: Pepperdine, Thursday 7pm, Chiles Center

Post by Stonehouse Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:51 am

mikemac65 wrote:So I picked up the slack and was yelling at Spitz. He's such a wanker.

HA!!! Mike, that is the post of the month so far! Smile

Spitznagel... man, when he gets fired up he's liable to call just about anything. One play last night particularly jumps out at me - when a Pepperdine player clearly went out of bounds as he was dribbling underneath their hoop. I mean, there wasn't a person in the gym who didn't see it. Rev freaked out (making that "oooh!" sound he makes when the refs do something particularly egregious) and I could tell that Spitznagel was saying he didn't call it because he thought the guy got bumped out of bounds. Well... fine, then call the foul or call the guy out of bounds, but you can't just let play go on like that. I think Rev was saying the same thing because Spitz eventually had a hang-dog look and was like "OK, OK..." You could tell he knew that he totally blew it. It was pretty dang hilarious.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Pepperdine, Thursday 7pm, Chiles Center - Page 3 Empty Re: Pepperdine, Thursday 7pm, Chiles Center

Post by PilotNut Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:07 am

Oh man, that was one of the worst no-calls I have seen lately... yeah, there was either a foul or out of bounds. I dont even think Spitz was in the right spot to see the supposed "push" out of bounds...

I know our goal is to win out and get the #2 seed... but with our win last night, and a loss for Pepperdine, we mathematically assured ourselves of a first round bye in the WCC tourney. We are now 8-3, so even if we ended up 8-6, and Pepp won out to also get to 8-6, we own the head to head tie breaker over them. (USD, LMU & USF can't mathematically catch up.) Yay for us! Exclamation
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:09 am

LMU has won two games all season, I'll be very disappointed if we lose our next three.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:22 am

Well, yeah. But the math facts dont take feelings into consideration. Wink

You should be happy; this assures that you wont miss any UP tourney games...

Did I mention how excited I am for Vegas? bounce

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:28 am

I would be real disapointed with a loss tomorrow night. These are the confidence building games for the final regular season road trip.

Out of Bounds call was the worst call of the evening,even from another angle opposite u guys close to the baseline. The exchange after the call was quite comical. Spitz seemed more concerned to be comunicating with Rev. then watching the rest of the play. Way to concentrate on the rest of the play, he must be learning from "Big Game" Libbey. My Hero cherry

MesaPilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:45 am

How many travels did #3 not get called on last night?

I thought I was watching an NBA game.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:54 am

PilotDrummer wrote:How many travels did #3 not get called on last night?

I thought I was watching an NBA game.
No joke!
He'd pick up the ball at the free throw line, carry it like a football and go for a layup. I couldn't believe he wasn't called on those!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:10 pm

Hey, stop complaining! With all those no calls (and no TV), we got out early! I figured they were using the NFL 'bump out' rule last night! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:17 pm

up7587 wrote:Hey, stop complaining! With all those no calls (and no TV), we got out early! I figured they were using the NFL 'bump out' rule last night! Laughing
Well, you did. I had a drumset to put away.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:07 pm

How hard is it to pack up a cowbell? Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:12 pm

up7587 wrote:How hard is it to pack up a cowbell? Surprised
Cowbell's easy. You seen the rest of the munitions I pack with me?

Thankfully I'm the only drummer Saturday. Less stuff!
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Just you Saturday? But you have an...engagement before the game. Wink
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:18 pm

Video highlights: http://www.portlandpilots.com/custompages/Videos/021909mensweb.mov
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Hey PilotNut,

It could just be me, but that link isn't working.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:33 pm

The video files are quite large, so it takes a bit to download... even on my DSL line, its takes a couple minutes to download... just be patient, and it should open Quicktime to play the video...

I just tried it and it worked for me...

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:34 pm

It tried to open in Windows Media Player, but I was able to download it and open it with Quicktime. Good video. Thanks!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:35 pm

Thanks Nut. For those of us that don't get out to the games it is great to see highlights of the Pilots.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3