Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Perspective

+2
onetouchfutbol
Stonehouse
6 posters

Go down

National Perspective Empty National Perspective

Post by Stonehouse Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:56 am

I was checking out the Memphis message boards after their throttling of Gonzaga and I came across a thread about the GU/Portland game from Thursday. I was surprised to see some of the nice things Memphis fans had to say about UP. How awesome is it that we can make a national impression like this with our games on ESPN2? I love it.

Here's a smattering:

Watching this game, I'm surprised by Portland's talent and poise. I think it's likely they would be something like 13-3 in C-USA.

I was impressed with Portland. They should make the NCAAs over teams like Kentucky and Notre Lame but we all know they wont

It looks like the WCC is a pretty good conference even though UTEP got the shaft vs Santa Clara.

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=344970
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

National Perspective Empty Re: National Perspective

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:14 am

It is nice to read those posts. The toughest tests of the season are yet to come since we'll have more of a target on our backs...

One thing that I love about our team is how our guys always play with pride. When we get beat now, it's not for lack of effort or toughness. It's usually because the other team really is better than us. That wasn't necessarily the case earlier in the year when we lost to EWU and struggled without Ethan. The sum of the team is greater than the individual parts, and the players know that...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:15 am

Of course they want to say the WCC is good- they're expecting a win in Spokane! But seriously, good catch.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:38 am

Respect is good to hear, for sure. I am just getting around to watching my tape of the GU game (been under the weather, and the late night Thursday didn't help). So far generally nice comments re the Pilots from the ESPN types. Of course, I still watching the first half.

One curiosity, with all the interest in this game, and it being sold out, it sure seemed like some people never bothered to show up. I had some empty seats near me, and there were several vacant seats across the way in section 4. I have joked about the crowded parking lot, etc., but would someone actually stay away from a game this big? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:02 am

I have a new goal. I want to see Mark Few grimace and hold his ears against us like he did in the Memphis game.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Purplegeezer wrote:I have a new goal. I want to see Mark Few grimace and hold his ears against us like he did in the Memphis game.

Agreed. That was the best part of the game!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:20 pm

Purplegeezer wrote:I have a new goal. I want to see Mark Few grimace and hold his ears against us like he did in the Memphis game.

If we go with my idea of putting him into the Octogon in a wrestling match with Reveno, that can be arranged...sooner instead of later...

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:39 pm

I have a strong inkling that Rev might win. I would take Hegarty over Sacre on the undercard. Kramer vrs Mushroom man, Sikma over Daye, Robin over Downs, Ethan over Gray, TJ might have a tough match with Pargo since Pargo's best chance's for a pro career look's like MMA(and the 30 pounds he spot's him). Jarred may have to tumble with that skinny kid on their bench but who know's with those new "gun's" of his. The Main Event for the player's would be Nik vrs Bouldin. I'll take Nik any day he's tough as nail's.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down