Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameday! Pilots vs. CSU-Fullerton Titans

+2
Geezaldinho
PilotNut
6 posters

Go down

Gameday!  Pilots vs. CSU-Fullerton Titans Empty Gameday! Pilots vs. CSU-Fullerton Titans

Post by PilotNut Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:37 am

Game time: 4:30pm Pacific Time
CSUF record: 0-1-1
Media: UW is showing a Gametracker for their game, hopefully it will be active for our game, as well: http://gohuskies.cstv.com/sports/w-soccer/sched/wash-w-soccer-sched.html

A look at the Titans from their web site: http://fullertontitans.cstv.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/090607aaa.html

And from the Portland web site: http://www.portlandpilots.com/sports/wsoccer/release.asp?release_id=4473

Fullerton doesnt appear to be a very strong team, but as always, no one is taken lightly!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Gameday!  Pilots vs. CSU-Fullerton Titans Empty I'm off!

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:38 pm

The Retirement Castle shuttle is about to pull out of the driveway to go to the game, so I'd better hustle.

If I can get hold of a computer, I'll report back impressions of the game, if Megan Plays, etc.

Go Pilots!
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Gameday!  Pilots vs. CSU-Fullerton Titans Empty Re: Gameday! Pilots vs. CSU-Fullerton Titans

Post by ninjapizza Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:36 pm

http://www.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/gt_wsoccer.html?event=539945&school=cs&sport=wsoccer&camefrom=536391&startschool=cs&

That should be the gametracker provided by CSTV. Speaking of, why the heck aren't they broadcasting the greatest rivalry in women's college soccer (aka UP v SCU) this year?
ninjapizza
ninjapizza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Gameday!  Pilots vs. CSU-Fullerton Titans Empty Re: Gameday! Pilots vs. CSU-Fullerton Titans

Post by Stonehouse Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:52 pm

Annoying... why hasn't it started yet? Ah technology... Sad
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by rsxsgurl Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:13 pm

Anyone have anything yet?

rsxsgurl
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Back to top Go down

Gameday!  Pilots vs. CSU-Fullerton Titans Empty GRRRRR!

Post by PilotNut Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:22 pm

I hate it when things, such as Gametracker, dont work! Evil or Very Mad

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rsxsgurl Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:24 pm

its on now UP is up 2-1

rsxsgurl
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by ninjapizza Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:29 pm

Wow... 7 shots allowed already. They really need to lock that down.

And somehow both Lopez and Katie Brown are listed as playing right now.

Last edited by on Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ninjapizza
ninjapizza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by rsxsgurl Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:31 pm

I agree, the defense needs to step it up...but i love how Stephanie kicked our corner kick, and Katie Brown got a foul!

rsxsgurl
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by ninjapizza Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:08 pm

I can't say I like what I'm reading from the game tracker. Then again, it's not a game of statistics and these things can be deceiving. Still, I'd like to see us not give up so many shots when we're playing against relative minnows.

Looks like Megan Rapinoe got in, so the lead must be fairly secure.

Edit: 2-1 final score. Looks like we had the better of the second half if not all of it.
ninjapizza
ninjapizza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Gameday!  Pilots vs. CSU-Fullerton Titans Empty Pilots win 2-1

Post by PilotNut Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:22 pm

I agree that looking at the Gametracker, it doesnt seem like we dominated as much as we should have... but we did certainly control the second half, allowing only one shot.

A win is a win... But we need to play better than this.....

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:23 pm

It's always good to win, but jeesh... 2-1 over Fullerton? Sounds like we had lots of chances in the 2nd half but just couldn't make it happen.

Also, what's with the Fullerton keeper fouling Kendra and getting a yellow card with 5 seconds left? Seems kind of cheap to me, but it's hard to know what happened with just reading the Gametracker.

Whatever... a win is a win, and it's great that Megan got in for a bit!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:48 pm

That wasn't a good showing for their first "Road Test"...Was it???

They'll need to learn to step things up when they play AWAY...especially against unranked teams like Fullerton! You can't carry the #1 flag outside the comforts of Merlo and expect to waltz away with a win.

The Boilermakers are probably salivating on-deck for their chance to bite and take us down. They're a more capable team than Fullerton of doing so too! I think I've seen them ranked in the Top 25 with some polls. Yikes..and they made mince meat of UW.

We hinted that we were vunerable tonight. But, I think Garrett will have team ready on Sunday. I expect the intensity will be turned up and the team's performance to improve against Purdue. Hopefully, the Pilots will show em who's boss from the very beginning of the match and take control right away. GO PILOTS! ...Put the leash on that bad doG!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by rsxsgurl Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:16 pm

Does anyone know what thier Goalkeeper did with 6 seconds to go to get a red card?

rsxsgurl
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:01 pm

The red card came when she took Enyeart down near midfield on a breakaway with about 15 seconds left. The Keeper had pushed forward for the last minute or so as Fullerton was trying to equalize. and it backfired on them. Silly foul, actually. she had to know it wasn't going to help her cause, Now she'll sit fo a game

This was not a pretty game for UP. They looked flat out of the gate and never did get good passing flow in them midfield.Fullerton packed the midfield, bringing the striker back for long stretches.

The Fullerton goal was off a long lob into the box from the sideline about even with the end of the bench that bounced twice in front of the goal untouched by any UP players.

Punched in from about 8 yds out.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down