Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8th Youngest Team in Country?

4 posters

Go down

8th Youngest Team in Country? Empty 8th Youngest Team in Country?

Post by Stonehouse Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Just remembered something... I heard a stat on the FSN broadcast of the Gonzaga game that Portland is the 8th youngest team in the country. That was the first time I had heard that this year (I remember we were super duper young last year)... is that true? Can anyone find that stat somewhere?

I went to KenPom, and his "experience" stat places us at 199 out of 300+. But experience doesn't necessarily equate to age, so I'm not sure.

http://kenpom.com/team.php?y=2009&team=Portland

Anyway, check out his other stats... Luke Sikma's offensive and defensive rebounding rates are amazing... 18th in the country on defense and 20th on offense. He has been playing so much better recently... definitely coming into form at the right time after missing so much pre-season time with his knee injury. I'm excited to see him keep on improving during WCC play.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

8th Youngest Team in Country? Empty Re: 8th Youngest Team in Country?

Post by PilotNut Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:49 pm

I heard that stat on the abbreviated broadcast Saturday (Beating a Dead Horse), too...

I am not sure where that came from, since we are "older" than last year, and I am not sure we were the 8th youngest last year, either... Being that it was Ehlo and Heister calling the game, I wrote it off as a mis-statement... Rolling Eyes
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

8th Youngest Team in Country? Empty eighth youngest

Post by upsailor Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:15 pm

I heard the same remark, however I believe they also said with NINE wins so far this season.
Not the eighth youngest overall.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down

8th Youngest Team in Country? Empty Re: 8th Youngest Team in Country?

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:22 pm

Great to see Luke's improvement. This would be a stat geek thing, but, is there anywhere that ranks college players by EFF ratings? I'd love to see where Raivio ranks on that. He's been off the charts in a few games... Very Happy
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down