Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy Cow! We are signing up in droves!

+7
mattywizz
SciFi
FANatic
ohhh_yeah
MesaPilot1
DaTruRochin
PilotNut
11 posters

Go down

Holy Cow!  We are signing up in droves! Empty Holy Cow! We are signing up in droves!

Post by PilotNut Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:07 am

16 new members in just the past 22 hours!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Welcome to Pilot Nation!

Oh, and there is certainly room for more... Very Happy
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Holy Cow!  We are signing up in droves! Empty Re: Holy Cow! We are signing up in droves!

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:17 am

Haha even if there are 3 variations of the same name...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Back to top Go down

Holy Cow!  We are signing up in droves! Empty Re: Holy Cow! We are signing up in droves!

Post by PilotNut Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:30 am

minor details...

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:55 am

Winning teams breed much excitement. Come on out and view the Site.JOIN THE PILOT BASKETBALL BANDWAGON.

The Pilot Soccer teams are a dynasty,thus HELPing to build a fantastic fan base to a long-suffering and starving BASKETBALL TEAM pale.

Plus, I believe there are some BB FANS in the Oregon and the Northwest that are tired of a certain jaded,immodest team in Washington. Have you heard the latest,now their comparing their teams talent to North Carolina's. lol! Man what a difference a few years of bowing out early makes. I don't need my Garfield,Family Circus,and Beatle Bailey anymore. Wow,excitement in the Rose City -Trailblazers,Pilots,and Vikings. Who could ask for more.

By the way where ,or where have the Supersonics of Washington gone? Sorry that may still be a touchy subject to other Northwest BB fans Embarassed .

MesaPilot1[b]

Last edited by MesaPilot1 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ???)

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhh_yeah Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:04 am

i do not want to take all of the credit but i have a little something to do with this...

after posting a link on here about the new facebook group i decided to post it also on bigsoccer... i then got 3 pm's on bigsoccer thanking me and telling me they had no clue about "Pilot Nation." i posted links to Pilot Nation on the facebook group page...
ohhh_yeah
ohhh_yeah
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:27 am

way to spread the word, ohhh_yeah... the more the merrier!

i guess i wont have to institute the commi$$ion system for new members to sign up...

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:35 am

Haha as long as their hatred of all thing Zags is in line with O_Y's hatred of all things Emerald City, sign them up!!! (haha or let them be ready to have a new one ripped for them by Mesa)
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhh_yeah Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:43 am

Very Happy now, now they do have the best seafood and spice markets that i have ever been too... so there is something i like about up the i-5... Laughing
ohhh_yeah
ohhh_yeah
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:44 am

ohhh_yeah wrote:Very Happy now, now they do have the best seafood and spice markets that i have ever been too... so there is something i like about up the i-5... Laughing

At least we can agree on something non-purple related Wink
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhh_yeah Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:53 am

DaTruRochin wrote:
ohhh_yeah wrote:Very Happy now, now they do have the best seafood and spice markets that i have ever been too... so there is something i like about up the i-5... Laughing

At least we can agree on something non-purple related Wink

Holy Cow!  We are signing up in droves! Drinks
ohhh_yeah
ohhh_yeah
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:40 pm

Great job of spreading the word, ohhh_yeah.

The only risk I see here are some knucklheads getting on here and trying to muck up the gears. Please, admins, kick butt and ban if necessary to keep this the most high quality sports forum I have ever seen.

Thanks! Holy Cow!  We are signing up in droves! Happy-099
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFi Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:01 pm

This means that we have crushed both monthly records for posts and for new users in a month! oh my I will update those records at the end of the month.

As for FANatic's post about knuckleheads, I can only speak for myself. I will do my best. I don't want this forum to have a reputation for being ban happy though, so I will have to be a careful. Rant Rules Disagreement and banter are most certainly welcome here. Personal attacks are most certainly not. Rules Rant

-SciFi

Holy Cow!  We are signing up in droves! Header10
SciFi
SciFi
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2007-04-29

http://pilotfans.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:02 pm

SciFi wrote: Personal attacks are most certainly not. Rules Rant

-SciFi

Can we make an exception, and allow Mesa his 2 per year?
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:06 pm

With a potential 3rd and 4th based on performance from the first two...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:06 pm

Its kinda like challenges in the NFL.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFi Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:03 pm

mattywizz wrote:

-SciFi

Nah, he's banned. No exceptions. Red Card! lol!

Kidding aside, I thought I'd share my my reasoning for not taking action there: Mesa definately fell into the gray area to be sure; but, personally, I felt he wasn't quite vicious enough to qualify for banning. In addition, Mesa did admit it so I felt that even warning him was unnecessary. Besides, that exchange is sorta like an exchange of dirty plays between players in a soccer match: Player A throws an elbow and knocks Player B off the ball. Player B is able to regain possession, so the ref signals advantage. Later on Player B does the same to Player A; but, Player A does not regain possession. Ref winks at Player B and signals play on (Ref figured Player A had it coming.). I've seen it plenty of times. Now, if that thread de-evolved into a back and forth between Mesa and Angelo, I probably would have put the kibosh on it.

Anyway, that was my take on it. Of course, I really only speak for myself and I would love to hear PilotNut and Rob's Jacket's points of view on this.

-SciFi

SciFi
SciFi
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:45 am

I guess its hard to say, each situation is considered differently.

My take:
Any inappropriate posts/threads should be locked and/or deleted immediately.

Before anyone is banned, they should be duely warned (with the exception of the 1-post wonders that come on here and spam their web sites selling Nigerian money schemes or Canadian pharmacies..). We can warn folks, temporarily ban folks (put them in the penalty box) and/or permanently ban.

I would like to see this site remain open to opposing and different view points. I dont have a problem with a fan from another school posting, maybe stirring things up a bit... but there is a line that can be crossed once it gets personal or offensive. I will never delete or ban just because I disagree or dont like what is said... I wouldnt permanently ban a "known" user without getting other mods opinions, either...
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:14 am

As a reader of the entire forum and sometime poster, I agree with FANatic. There are a couple forums I tried to read for college football, and the idiots attacking each other made them unbearable; I gave up. There is a good blog from the R-G about Duck football; the writer recently had to threaten to delete comments in order to keep it user friendly. I appreciate the efforts of our admins to keep this a great site.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:24 am

Just go to the OregonLive Duck and Beaver forums. They're so busy going back and forth with each other you can't get any actual talk about football or basketball. The insults can be entertaining for a while (until they get deleted and the idiots come back with new screen names).
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:29 am

SciFi wrote:
mattywizz wrote:

-SciFi

Nah, he's banned. No exceptions. Red Card! lol!

Kidding aside, I thought I'd share my my reasoning for not taking action there: Mesa definately fell into the gray area to be sure; but, personally, I felt he wasn't quite vicious enough to qualify for banning. In addition, Mesa did admit it so I felt that even warning him was unnecessary. Besides, that exchange is sorta like an exchange of dirty plays between players in a soccer match: Player A throws an elbow and knocks Player B off the ball. Player B is able to regain possession, so the ref signals advantage. Later on Player B does the same to Player A; but, Player A does not regain possession. Ref winks at Player B and signals play on (Ref figured Player A had it coming.). I've seen it plenty of times. Now, if that thread de-evolved into a back and forth between Mesa and Angelo, I probably would have put the kibosh on it.

Anyway, that was my take on it. Of course, I really only speak for myself and I would love to hear PilotNut and Rob's Jacket's points of view on this.

-SciFi

Spot on.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:20 pm

Sorry??? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed That's why I always try to wait to send any critical or such e'mails. After reading my Post I felt about 3 feet tall,I really did'nt want to take it to a lower level but some times when a guy makes a mistake it happens. I must have had alot of pent up anger that exploded on you know who after such a fine win by the BB Team.

As I always say,never been banned , have been deleted, but still trudge the road to happy destiny (Pilots above .500 and an NIT invite this year). Very Happy

You moderaters are great,please feel free to wash my mouth out with soap any time I deserve it. Twisted Evil I hope to improve my posting skills and always try to never,ever, be openly hyper-critical of one of our 17-22 yr old Pilot Players.

Sincerly,

MesaPilot1

P.S. - The whole spirit of my "gray area" post was kinda let's circle the wagons and shoot a "tongue in cheek" arrow back. I guess I just had a little OVERKILL in my post.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFi Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:38 pm

Nah, you were fine Mesa. Like I said, I felt he had it coming.

-SciFi

SciFi
SciFi
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:42 pm

Mesa, I blame the other guy, not you. I just feel some of these ijits feed on getting reactions from the rest of us. I hate to see them find our forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:48 pm

Thanks, but as whe progressively improve in WCC play I believe a few more "potstirers" will probably post on Pilot Nation. Hence, MesaPilot1 will think of an expression or line that he can respond with (or better yet act like the post was never made and keep the board light and cheery).

It sure is nice to have fans from other schools post on the Pilot Nation and I considerate a complement. Through winning the Pilot BB team breeds more interest. I sure beats last year when we were "tortured" with those 6 losses by 5 pts and were treated like a disowned relative in the WCC.

The season is starting off better than one could have ever imagined, and I for one consider this close win over UC-Davis a great way for the fans and players to head into the Thanksgiving Holiday!!!

Holding down the Southwest,

MesaPilot1 Cool

P.S.- You know I can't make it through a whole post without a smiley,LOL.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:55 pm

Ha ha... don't worry, Mesa. If more of our friends from that "special place with special people" come down and try to start some flame wars, well, I'll be on the front lines with you! Smile

The rest of the WCC I wouldn't worry about... honestly, I think everyone (including the Zags) is happy to see us playing better and improving.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down