Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Preview from Dawgman

+3
onetouchfutbol
DaTruRochin
Stonehouse
7 posters

Go down

Game Preview from Dawgman Empty Game Preview from Dawgman

Post by Stonehouse Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:42 pm

A pretty good preview, I think. Check it out:

http://washington.scout.com/2/811825.html
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Game Preview from Dawgman Empty Re: Game Preview from Dawgman

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:34 pm

I'd agree, pretty good assessment. Although obviously it doesn't take into account the addition of Campbell and whatnot... It would be interesting if Big John can play, his matchup with Brockman would be fun to watch
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:31 pm

Whatever happens the Campbell vs. Thomas matchup will be great practice for Campbell as he gets ready to guard guys like Pargo later this season. I'm stoked about this game. There's just no way to know if you're good when you play Division II competition like Linfield. This game will give us a better idea if all of the conditioning and added depth can pay dividends in our own conference.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:36 pm

athleticjames wrote:Whatever happens the Campbell vs. Thomas matchup will be great practice for Campbell as he gets ready to guard guys like Pargo later this season. I'm stoked about this game. There's just no way to know if you're good when you play Division II competition like Linfield. This game will give us a better idea if all of the conditioning and added depth can pay dividends in our own conference.

Linfield's Division III (non-scholarship) - and lower level D-III at that.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:49 am

Stoney,

Maybe I'm mistaken(I'm wrong Embarassed ,not the first time, won't be the last...Ito's best game of the year,after that I can't recall another better) but wasn't Ito back in Japan last year? That would mean Stohl and Ravio with the scoring last year right?
All this talk about how poor our defense is, where does that come from? I thought that was about the most POSITIVE aspect of the team last year.
Kramer and Jasonn will do just fine against Brockman as long as Kramer doesn't start committing silly fouls,just think of what a difference a year of seasoning has made for those two. Realistically though Big John is most needed when the Pilots face Samhan,Byrant,Pomare',Mushroom man, etc.... during WCC play when Kramer is needed defensively on other teams true pwr foward. I think John just isn't quite mobile enough to defend Brockman yet until he takes off another 20-30 lbs of baby fat, (Like Jason did). Rumor has it Brockman's developed a mid-range game and slimmed down too..
It's how to shut down Thomas, Pondexter etc.... that will be the Pilot's problem.Brockman will play well and get his that is to be expected. I believe your not going to shut down a ALL PAC-10 player , preseason Wooden award canidate like Brockman. It's limiting him that works best. WU has so many offensive weapons the Pilots will have to slow it to a snails pace like last year.
Hopefully Ravio can do his usual and Luke can give them a few"SIKMA" shots like he did last year when he caught many early season opponents offguard. Luke will need many rests breaks to keep fresh legs coming off his injury. I believe those two guys,Robin,and of course Stohl are our key's to scoring. I tend to think TJ will have his hands full "ballhawking" Thomas all over the court to score much but you never know?Hopefully the guys will be ready this time for some of T.J.'s passes that their not used to.
My prediction; last possesion of the game Huskies up 61-59 , Pilots have ball in front court , Campbell dribbling, fakes the pass to Ravio, hits Stohl on the other side wide open for a threee cheers Pilots win 62-61 .Well, at least I can dream can't I?
Have fun at the game,it will neat to see the player's growth against such a talented team like WU,win or lose.

Last edited by MesaPilot1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : sp.,shorten,poor grammar,still helpless but trying)

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by navigator Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:56 am

Ito was in Japan for part of last year but he was at the UW game. Overton was blowing by us and Appleturnover was hitting some 3's off of some screens. So we will see what we can do against IT.

The big guys played hard last year and should have won. Brockman was getting away with murder, I doubt that will change for this game also.

The word is UW will go small and run a lot.
navigator
navigator
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by 89Duck Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:05 am

My other season ticket holders are out of town tonight. Anyone need a ticket?

89Duck
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:22 pm

Articles and predictions:

http://www.kirotv.com/sports/17987964/detail.html?rss=sea&psp=uwsports

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/cbasketball/387776_umen14.html

I'm sure there's plenty more out there. Go Pilots!
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down