Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilot Women welcome Gold Medalist Stephanie Cox Oct. 19

+2
FANatic
PilotDrummer
6 posters

Go down

Pilot Women welcome Gold Medalist Stephanie Cox Oct. 19 Empty Pilot Women welcome Gold Medalist Stephanie Cox Oct. 19

Post by PilotDrummer Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:33 am

http://www.portlandpilots.com/news/2008/10/15/WSOC_1015085443.aspx?path=wsoc

PORTLAND, Ore. --- The University of Portland will welcome back to campus Olympic Gold Medalist Stephanie Cox as part of an October 19th soccer doubleheader at the Clive Charles Soccer Complex, presented by Nike. The 2007 alumnus will be recognized at halftime of the women’s match versus Pepperdine and will then be available for autographs before and during the men’s match against Saint Mary’s.

At halftime of the women’s game, Nike will present Cox with a framed USA National Team jersey as part of the celebration.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Pilot Women welcome Gold Medalist Stephanie Cox Oct. 19 Empty Re: Pilot Women welcome Gold Medalist Stephanie Cox Oct. 19

Post by FANatic Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:58 am

Hooray for Steph! cheers

Let's hope there's a great crowd out there to welcome back Stepanie, and also to help give the Pilots that home town edge against conference foe Pepperdine.
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Pilot Women welcome Gold Medalist Stephanie Cox Oct. 19 Empty Re: Pilot Women welcome Gold Medalist Stephanie Cox Oct. 19

Post by PilotDrummer Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:33 am

There will be some great rhythm... Very Happy
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:21 am

I have a real difficult decision that day... Soccer match, or play Kickball...!
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:43 pm

Alumni Drum Squad? That's not a bad idea!
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:51 pm

Wait...is that avatar you in the Duck Alumni Band at Autzen? Badass.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:33 pm

Yes. Hat tip to Laura for the camera work. Last weekend was a good weekend. Very Happy
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:51 am

fan,
you don't have to worry about the crowd or the support for steph. for well over a decade, u of p fans have turned out time an again to support an honor this program an more recently, clive!!!
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:35 pm

The article says Steph will sign autographs during half time of the women's game and before and during the men's game. It would be great to see her on the sideline at least during the second half. I think just knowing she was in proximity of the field would cause our opponents to go the other way!

Seriously, I hope they set it up so that people waiting in line can watch the second half of the women's game and the entire men's game. I am not that worried about the women but the men need all the supporters they can muster. So if anyone who is responsible for staging the autographs please be careful to plan so the event integrates smoothly with the games.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down