Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coach Gross' Latest Prodigy

2 posters

Go down

Coach Gross' Latest Prodigy Empty Coach Gross' Latest Prodigy

Post by Stonehouse Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:26 am

Nice article in the Portland Tribune about Belinda Niu, the 14-year-old tennis phenom from Lincoln who won the state title this year and is one of the top players in the country:

http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/story.php?story_id=121322742150435700

UP men's tennis coach Aaron Gross also coaches Niu - just another example of how Coach Gross is almost undoubtedly the best coach in all sports out on the Bluff. Just an amazing teacher of the game and a very successful private coach to many of the top players in the NW. The men's tennis program has been quietly improving and doing very well over the past few years (earning national rankings each of the past few seasons) and is starting to break through with getting some nice talent. I heard a rumor that they got a big-time player to commit recently, and I think that the team will have the potential next year to do some special things, since they only graduated one player.

Congrats coach Gross!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Coach Gross' Latest Prodigy Empty Re: Coach Gross' Latest Prodigy

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:20 pm

I saw an article in the Stayton mail that Chris Nichols will be coming to Up to study engineering. He made the state quarterfinals and brings a 4.0 GPA with him.

I think it was staytonmail.com that had the piece.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down