Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We should be thankful

2 posters

Go down

We should be thankful Empty We should be thankful

Post by Rochin54 Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:22 am

Although we have had recent departures because of athletic problems, we should be thankful that we haven't had any criminal issues. Over the weekend, an ND football player got picked up in South Bend for soliciting prostitution. That means they had the whole mary jane incident with Macalarney last year, and now an incident with a football player.

Academic issues are one thing, but legal issues are much more unpleasant - and I'm extremely glad we do not have these!
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

We should be thankful Empty Re: We should be thankful

Post by Stonehouse Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:16 pm

Very true! Having trouble with grades is one thing... getting mixed up in legal stuff is something totally different.

In some ways, it is frustrating that a guy like Jamie Jones - great, great person but not so hot in the classrom - can no longer play for us but a guy like Josh Heytvelt, who gets busted with a huge (i.e. dealer's) amount of shrooms, can play again.

Now, I'm not saying that I think Josh H. should be kicked off the team - I think his punishment was just right - but it is just frustrating that he can play and Jones can't.

Anyway, another thing to be thankful for... firing Holton when we did. And I don't mean firing him because he was lousy (I'll admit to defending him right to the very end)... I mean the timing of it. Right after the season, the decision was made to cut bait and go in a different direction.

Just looking at what's happening at USF right now (they lost another recruit and an assistant coach just quit), what it looks like to me is that the administration is unhappy with Evans and is just making his life difficult in order to give them an excuse to either can him or to get him to leave. I mean... not admitting ALL THREE of his recruits? That is insanity. Talk about cutting off the nose to spite the face. If they knew they were unhappy with him, they should have just gotten it over with right after the season. Now one entire recruiting class is blown out of the water and the one from this year is probably suffering greatly with a seemingly lame-duck coach who is scrambling to try and fill out the roster for this year.

I feel very sorry for all the Dons fans... Sad

UPDATE: New post on Dons Central said that Strong not being admitted is not a done deal yet... 50/50 is what it said. Either way, it's definitely not a ringing endorsement of the coach.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down