Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soccer Buzz - Top Recruits

5 posters

Go down

Soccer Buzz - Top Recruits Empty Soccer Buzz - Top Recruits

Post by harryb Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Soccer Buzz has started posting their ranking of the top 200 recruits. So far they have published #101-200 and none of our new recruits have appeared. That seems to imply that all will be in the top 100. I don't know if that's ever happened before. I'll be curious to see if Foxhoven, Olivier, and Burke are all in the top 25.
harryb
harryb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Back to top Go down

Soccer Buzz - Top Recruits Empty Re: Soccer Buzz - Top Recruits

Post by SoreKnees Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:40 pm

Nobody in 76-100 either. I wonder how many will be in the top 75 and how many will get snubbed. From reading their credentials, I'd guess 4 and 1.
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SoreKnees Fri May 02, 2008 9:23 am

McCluskie is in the 51-75 batch.
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri May 02, 2008 11:28 am

Amazing to see how many of the recruits they have listed so far have been WCC recruits. We all know Portland and Santa Clara are the kingpins of WCC soccer, but it looks like San Diego has made a very nice haul. They were very good last year, and it looks like they will continue to be a tough opponent.

And Pepperdine is always strong (despite a down year last year) and LMU got screwed out of a post-season bid last season. Gonzaga has been getting better too, and once they finish their new soccer facility that will be a tremendous help, since GU's field is probably the worst in D1 soccer. Seriously. I was truly shocked when I saw what their field was three years ago. Putting it into context, it's amazing Gonzaga has done as well as they have with their soccer programs (men's especially). So the WCC is six-deep in quality teams for sure.

If USF and SMC can step it up (and they both have new coaches from big-time programs), the WCC could get that much tougher and really cement its claim as one, if not the, best women's soccer conference in the country.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Soccer Buzz - Top Recruits Empty No. 29 Nationally

Post by wrv Fri May 02, 2008 9:29 pm

Is none other than Charney Burk, according to SoccerBuzz. She keeps good company there and I suspect will have an impact on the Pilot midfield.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by eFan Sat May 03, 2008 1:08 am

That seems to imply that Foxhoven and Olivier made the top 25. Anyone think there's a chance Kreminski is in there too, or was she probably left off the list entirely considering "she was a bit under estimated in the recruiting process" according to Garrett?

eFan
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by harryb Mon May 05, 2008 4:55 pm

It's up! Foxhoven is #15 and Olivier is #18.
harryb
harryb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Back to top Go down