Nice Article about Nik and Sherrard

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nice Article about Nik and Sherrard

Post by Stonehouse on Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:31 am

On the front page of the Portland Tribune sports section:

Cool story... I like the history angle. And I love hearing this kind of talk from Nik:

Raivio, a sophomore, wants to help the program regain the status it had when his father played there. Thats why Im here, he says. I definitely wish we had a better record right now. It could easily be .500, or 10 or 11 wins. This year is definitely preparing us for next year and the year after. Weve got all but one guy (Watson) coming back, and we got a lot of pieces, everyone is learning plays and systems, and young guys are buying in.

And this from Rev:

Portland has lost the past three West Coast Conference games by a combined nine points and dropped five preseason games by seven points or fewer. They are still losses, though and Revenos career record is 15-36.

I have two views of our program, Reveno says. One is from my nose to the grindstone, and I see three feet in front of me, game to game. Then I have my 10,000-foot view, and Im very happy with where we are.

So they are feeling what we are feeling... frustrated about this season because we want to win and have had some tough losses, but also very optimistic about what the future might hold.

Number of posts : 2969
Registration date : 2007-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum