Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coach Schell fired?

3 posters

Go down

Coach Schell fired? Empty Coach Schell fired?

Post by pilotbmg Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:55 pm

Does anyone know what happened to Coach Schell? His bio was removed from the Pilots website.

pilotbmg
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Back to top Go down

Coach Schell fired? Empty Re: Coach Schell fired?

Post by Stonehouse Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:01 pm

Yeah... heard he's not with the program any longer. Super nice guy and a good coach - I'm sure he'll find a good spot somewhere.

There's lots of time for Smith and Irwin to find a new goalkeeper's coach, so I wouldn't expect an announcement any time soon... smarter to wait and see who might be available.

Good luck Coach Schell and thanks for your time at The Bluff!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Coach Schell fired? Empty Re: Coach Schell fired?

Post by FANatic Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:19 am

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in the athletic department to have an idea why Coach Schell is no longer with the team. Although I didn't know him personally, I watched him many times at practices last season. Boy he worked those goalkeepers hard and usually with Coach Irwin close by (when he worked with the women).

He seemed to be as hard a working assistant coach as could be. I felt sorry for Kelsey and Hailee at times, leaping to their left, then leaping to their right in order to stop the balls he threw at them. They must have had bumps and bruises up and down the sides of their bodies, but it was terrific in getting them used to diving and stretching out farther each time to stop balls.

I'm convinced he really helped both Kelsey and particularly Hailee in giving it that extra push each time to streatch out just a fraction further than the previous time. Maybe this is what all GK coaches do, but still, I was impressed with his consistency and even temper.

If anyone has a clue as to why he no longer is with the team, I would be grateful to hear it. scratch
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down