Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 Season

+7
UPWomenSoccerRookie
eProf
ExpatPilot
UPSoccerFanatic
A_Fan
SoreKnees
DoubleDipper
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

2019 Season - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019 Season

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:08 am

DoubleDipper wrote:.... Question...with a win, do the Pilots have a chance of going to the postseason, or did that 1-1 tie with LMU last weekend ruin their chances?
Answer: Yes. They have a chance. The Women's Soccer Committee has some really tough questions it will be dealing with on the last 5 or so at large selections. In addition, there are a couple of mid-major conference tournament finals results that will play into the situation. How the Committee answers its questions and how those mid-major championship games come out will have a major impact on whether the Pilots are "in" or "out."

So, the prescription is, "Win, then wait."
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:30 pm

It was not to be. The Pilots dominated possession, corners, and shots, but couldn’t knock one in, and USD got one of their 5 shots in on a corner.

Kudos to the Senors for helping the Program through a rocky time. Despite the disappointment, they leave the program in better shape than when they got here.

With 11 Seniors gone, there will be a lot of new faces in Frenchie’s first full recruiting class.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:08 pm

Any word on who some of those recruits might be?
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:22 am

A_Fan wrote:Any word on who some of those recruits might be?
Frenchie has said more than once that she needs "scorers," but I've only heard of one forward that has committed, and she's from FC Portland...Nedya Sawan from Beaverton, the Oregon Girls Soccer Player of the Year 2018-19 with 24 goals and 7 assists playing for Mountainside HS.

In addition to Sawan, I've seen various reports UP has gotten commits from three midfielders, one from the PNW and two from California...Annika Farley from Ridgefield, Hanna McCord from San Francisco, and Sarah Kowack from San Diego.

Hard to say if the plan is to keep the roster at its current number, but if that's the case, there's still a need to get seven more commitments for 2020...
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11214
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by My2cents Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:45 am

DoubleDipper wrote:
A_Fan wrote:Any word on who some of those recruits might be?

Hard to say if the plan is to keep the roster at its current number, but if that's the case, there's still a need to get seven more commitments for 2020...

I think recruiting has become increasingly more difficult for the small schools. The kind of money being poured into the women's soccer programs by the bigger schools, and especially by the 5 power conference schools allows them to build new state of the art soccer stadiums and support facilities which makes it a lot  easier for them to recruit.

My2cents
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:45 pm

Kim, Anja, Larkin, and Natalie all have signed up for the 2020 NWSL draft, which is tomorrow morning.  Players entered in the draft, but not drafted, will be eligible to be backup players for a team.

I know that Mark Parsons was at least one late-season Pilots game last Fall, maybe checking out players likely to be in the area this coming year.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4