2019 Recruiting

Go down

2019 Recruiting

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:35 pm

Megan Engesser, a 5-9 forward from Colorado Springs Christian School, verbally committed to the University of Portland today.

This past season she led the Lions to a second straight state 3A championship game averaging 21.4 points - ranked seventh in the state. She also averaged 6.4 rebounds. 4.2 steals and 2.9 assists as a junior.

She has already reached the 1,000-point mark in her career, and enters her final varsity season with 1,420 points.

“She plays really, really hard defense, and that’s her best quality,” her father/coach, Mark Engesser, said. “She will dive on the floor and rebounds amongst the big girls down there. She led us in rebounding despite being 5-9 just because she plays so hard and goes and gets the ball.”

I believe the Pilots also have commitments from one student-athlete in Seattle and one in Australia for 2019, but I don't recall their names.   Rolling Eyes
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7612
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2019 Recruiting

Post by DoubleDipper on Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:12 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Megan Engesser, a 5-9 forward from Colorado Springs Christian School, verbally committed to the University of Portland today.
I believe the Pilots also have commitments from one student-athlete in Seattle and one in Australia for 2019, but I don't recall their names.   Rolling Eyes
The names I couldn't recall are  Keeley Frawley, 6-0 guard (Melbourne, Australia/Haileybury College), and Kelsey Lenzie, 5-7 guard (Seattle, Wash./West Seattle HS).  They and Megan Engesser, 5-10 guard/forward (Colorado Springs, Colo./Colorado Springs Christian HS), have each signed a National Letter of Intent and will join the Pilots as freshmen this coming summer.

https://portlandpilots.com/news/2018/11/19/wbb-pilots-add-three-recruits-to-the-program.aspx?path=wbball
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7612
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum