Massive Changes to WCC Men's Basketball!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Massive Changes to WCC Men's Basketball!

Post by SouthCarolinaPilot on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:25 pm

Zags appear to be staying put for now per: https://twitter.com/SRJimm/status/980955873123053568.

Regardless, I think it would be smart for us, the other schools, and the WCC to prepare for an eventual departure just in case. Have the plans for who to invite, how to negotiate TV deals, and all that written ahead of time.
SouthCarolinaPilot
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2015-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:49 pm

This is good news, in my opinion. I would prefer to have a stronger conference profile and have us get better.

Now, we "just" need to figure out the getting better part... the coaching staff has been candid in stating that recruiting needs to get better; it will be interesting to see what this spring brings us.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4128
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:07 am

PilotNut wrote:This is good news, in my opinion.  I would prefer to have a stronger conference profile and have us get better.
The conference should be stronger next year as nine of the WCC teams will bring back the core of their team, but  according to both the Sporting News and ESPN in their "way-too-early college basketball rankings for 2019-19," Gonzaga will once again, to borrow a phrase from former Pilots' broadcaster, the late Bill Johnson,"reign supreme."   
Sporting News wrote:#6 Gonzaga Bulldogs. Because we’ve learned never to doubt Mark Few’s ability to construct a dynamic roster, mostly. That, and the expected return of dynamic players Zach Norvell (12.7 points per game), Josh Perkins (12.3), Killian Tillie (12.9) and Rui Hachimura (11.6), though Hachimura could test the pro waters.

Brandon Clarke, a transfer who averaged 17.3 points for San Jose State as a sophomore, will be eligible after sitting out this season, and he’ll be ready to make a big impact.
ESPN wrote:#6 Gonzaga Bulldogs. Mark Few's team didn't have Killian Tillie (hip injury) when it lost to Florida State in the Sweet 16. The big man who connected on 48 percent of his 3-point attempts this season should come back for another year to impress NBA scouts. He's not the only intriguing pro prospect on the roster. Rui Hachimura, the 6-foot-8 talent, averaged 11.6 PPG this season, while Zach Norvell Jr. averaged 12.7 PPG and made 37 percent of his 3-pointers. This group will also get another year from savvy point guard Josh Perkins (5.3 APG). Brandon Clarke, a 6-8 transfer eligible next season, averaged 17.5 PPG at San Jose State during the 2016-17 season.
www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/college-basketball-top-25-rankings-2018-2019-kentucky-duke-kansas-villanova-nba-draft/699qbsghlgh01sfheywp060ox

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22966716/college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25-rankings-2018-19
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7319
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum