2018 Offseason Thread

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Re: 2018 Offseason Thread

Post by PilotNut on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:29 am

I went to the volleyball match last night, and the hanging structure looks the same, but the screens have been updated to HD.... a BIG improvement! The sideline tables are also new with HD screens.

I was told that the install and supporting hardware & software are still in process, but they will have full video, etc., and will be a major upgrade from the previous crash-ridden system.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4159
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:52 pm

PilotNut wrote:Nothing says that we have to play Humboldt State... we could just play 2 games in Honolulu?
The Rainbow Classic is hardly a classic this year, as what was a three games in four days tournament is now just two games for UP †and three games for Hawaii and North Texas, as each of those two schools play Humboldt State in addition to UP.

Friday: North Texas vs. Humboldt St. and UP vs. Hawaii
Saturday: North Texas vs. UP and Hawaii vs. Humboldt St.
Sunday: Hawaii vs. North Texas

The revamped Rainbow schedule doesn't favor the Pilots, and it wouldn't be a surprise to see the young squad drop both games before heading back to the mainland, but IMO the Pilots will be strong contenders during the rest of the preseason, with a chance to win their remaining games, with the possible exception of Colorado.
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7449
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthCarolinaPilot on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:46 pm

PilotNut wrote:I went to the volleyball match last night, and the hanging structure looks the same, but the screens have been updated to HD.... a BIG improvement! †The sideline tables are also new with HD screens.

I was told that the install and supporting hardware & software are still in process, but they will have full video, etc., and will be a major upgrade from the previous crash-ridden system.

You have no idea how happy this makes me and I donít even get to go to Chiles to watch games anymore or work the video boards!
SouthCarolinaPilot
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2015-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:50 pm

My wife says that if the Pilots are 8-0 heading into the game at Boulder then I can make the trip down to watch! Itís ony a short little 12-hour drive from here.
Dean Murdoch
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 2015-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor on Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:12 pm

Sound Voltex wrote:Also roster has been updated for 2018-19 season.

https://portlandpilots.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
Apologies if someone has already made note of this elsewhere... Unless I'm mistaken, and with Rashad Jackson and Joseph Smoyer having left the team, I believe Xavier Hallinan is now the only member of the Pilots' roster who has any connection to the Reveno era.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:33 pm

NoPoNeighbor wrote:Apologies if someone has already made note of this elsewhere... Unless I'm mistaken, and with Rashad Jackson and Joseph Smoyer having left the team, I believe Xavier Hallinan is now the only member of the Pilots' roster who has any connection to the Reveno era.
Sound Voltex did note that earlier, but just to clarify, Xavier may be on the roster, but due to transfer rules will not be eligible to actually play until the Grambling game on December 15.
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7449
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Voltex on Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:34 pm

NoPoNeighbor wrote:
Sound Voltex wrote:Also roster has been updated for 2018-19 season.

https://portlandpilots.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
Apologies if someone has already made note of this elsewhere... Unless I'm mistaken, and with Rashad Jackson and Joseph Smoyer having left the team, I believe Xavier Hallinan is now the only member of the Pilots' roster who has any connection to the Reveno era.

Sound Voltex wrote:With Rashad's departure, I believe that leaves no more scholarship players remaining from the Reveno era. Xavier is technically the last overall player remaining as a walk-on, though there was that half a season-ish moment last year when he wasn't on the team.

Alongside Stone's departure and X not graduating until the following year due to his redshirt situation, that also leaves us no seniors on the roster this upcoming season for the first time in exactly a decade (2008-09).

http://www.pilotnation.net/t5593p275-2018-recruiting#72427

Wink
Sound Voltex
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2017-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum