2020 Recruiting

Go down

2020 Recruiting

Post by DoubleDipper on Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:00 pm

Seems like recruiting is starting earlier and earlier in this era of social media as a means of self-promotion and the larger budgets coaches have for recruiting travel, although I doubt either was at play in this young man's recruitment.

The first offer by UP for 2020 goes to Cheick Ouattara, a 15 year-old, 6-9 power forward from Bamako, Mali.

With one native of Mali, Tahirou Diabate, already on the roster it wouldn't be surprising if Ouattara would also like to be a Pilot in three years.
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7420
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by DoubleDipper on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:42 pm

It's time to think about the graduation of McSwiggan and about Walker's and Shaver's senior year, I guess, as the Pilots made offers to sophomore teammates at Pacifica Christian Orange County High School in Newport Beach, California.

Judah Brown, a 6-6/175 wing from Bermuda Dunes and Dominic Harris, a good sized 6-3/165 point guard from Murrieta each have multiple offers as 15 year-olds, so there will undoubtedly be quite a few more schools in the mix before they each make a decision two years from now.

Cheick Ouattara, the 15 year-old, 6-9 power forward from Bamako, Mali is no longer being recruited by the Pilots.
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthCarolinaPilot on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:10 pm

In Hartwich's one-on-one conversation on Portside, he mentioned that he has a younger brother (15) who has relocated to the US. He is already 6'7" apparently and I presume has started playing basketball much earlier than Philipp. Is he on the radar?

Also, would that make him a 2020 or a 2021? This is normally DD's job. Laughing
SouthCarolinaPilot
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2015-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:28 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Judah Brown, a 6-6/175 wing from Bermuda Dunes and Dominic Harris, a good sized 6-3/165 point guard from Murrieta each have multiple offers as 15 year-olds, so there will undoubtedly be quite a few more schools in the mix before they each make a decision two years from now.
Well, there were quite a few more offers for Dominic Harris, at least 12 D1 offers, but he decided he couldn't wait a couple of years to commit, so today he committed to Gonzaga!
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:07 pm

SouthCarolinaPilot wrote:In Hartwich's one-on-one conversation on Portside, he mentioned that he has a younger brother (15) who has relocated to the US. He is already 6'7" apparently and I presume has started playing basketball much earlier than Philipp. Is he on the radar?

Also, would that make him a 2020 or a 2021? This is normally DD's job. Laughing
Yeah, I've probably been neglecting the recruiting wars a bit lately, and know very little about Phil's "little" brother, 6-8 freshman (Class of 2021), Mo Hartwich.  

Mo goes to Class 2A Columbia Christian in Portland (the same school that Kameron Chatman graduated from when the school was Class 1A, and before he went to Michigan and then Detroit where his dad, UP grad Canaan Chatman, is an assistant).  As Mo is a freshman, I do not know if any schools are seriously looking at him at this point, nor do I know where he is on the depth chart.

In their classification, Columbia Christian really couldn't be doing better to this point in the season.  Overall they are 23-0 and they're 15-0 in Northwest League play.
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch on Thu May 24, 2018 3:38 pm

Prep Hoops wrote:Every spring there’s a number of guys in each state that blow up, Ingraham’s 6-foot-9 power forward Mitchell Saxen is certainly one of Washington’s. Playing with adidas Gauntlet program Team Lavine 16U has greatly improved his visibility. Earlier this month, Saxen received his first D1 offer from Pepperdine. He says Portland is hot on his[…]

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/05/prospect-update-mitchell-saxen-2020/

Looks like Coach Porter offered Saxen sometime last week, making that his second D1 offer to go along with the earlier one from Pepperdine.
Dean Murdoch
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2015-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum