Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elijah Gonzalez - Clackamas HS

4 posters

Go down

Elijah Gonzalez - Clackamas HS Empty Elijah Gonzalez - Clackamas HS

Post by piloted Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Canzano reporting Geving is out at PSU...I wonder if Gonzalez is back in play and if the Pilots would want him? He tore up the state tournament this year....reminds me of the kid UP had from Salem (that ended up transferring to PSU) several years back. Jerimiah Dominguez...

piloted
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Elijah Gonzalez - Clackamas HS Empty Re: Elijah Gonzalez - Clackamas HS

Post by wrv Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:00 pm

Thanks for the post. Interesting news. Obviously a little early to determine whether Gonzalez is going to be let out of his NLI . . .or whether Porter would be any more interested than in Geno West.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:24 pm

PG or SG?
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Dean Murdoch wrote:PG or SG?
Gonzalez is definitely a point guard, but I believe he's really too small for the WCC; listed at something like 5-8/150, I think that's a stretch: Here's the 6A All-Tournament Team

Elijah Gonzalez - Clackamas HS 2017_a10

We know who West (11) and Hepa (33) are in the picture, but who is the third Jefferson player, #1? It turns out he’s 6-5 sophomore (2019) guard Marcus Tsohonis, and he already has known offers from USC (the one from the Pac-12, not the SEC) and Montana.

The other two in the picture are 6-4 sophomore Jake Estep (Beaverton) and 5-8/150 Elijah Gonzalez (Clackamas), the senior point guard committed to Portland State.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by wrv Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:14 pm

"I believe he's really too small for the WCC": TJ Campbell was what? And Jeremiah Dominguez was how tall? This young man is taller by a number of inches and a scorer. I have not seen him play so do not know whether he can shoot threes. Maybe West is the better alternative because of size? Still it appears Porter is focused on JC points: hope we hear soon that his efforts and that of the staff net an impact player point guard.

Speaking of coaches out--Lorenzo Romar out at UW. Can't imagine that will impact our recruiting.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:24 pm

I didn't say too short, just not big enough.  TJ  is my all-time favorite UP point guard...he has a footballer's body.

West is NOT a point guard, and he's really not a pure shooting guard either....he's more of a 2/3 combo....a very useful combo in the WCC.

Romar...great guy, great recruiter, just didn't get it done as a coach.  Maybe Michael Porter, Jr would like to join 3 more Porters at UP for his one-and-done year.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:36 pm

I heard the California coach resigned and took the Missouri job, and hired Michael Porter Sr as an assistant. I'm sure for his teaching skills.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:25 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Gonzalez is definitely a point guard, but I believe he's really too small for the WCC; listed at something like 5-8/150, I think that's a stretch.
Apparently Gonzalez is no longer signed at PSU after the coaching change there (not indicated on VC), and UP had him in for a look.  

Turns out he's got talent, but the coaches judged that he's just way too undersized to play in the WCC.

As we suspected, UP did make Geno West a late offer, but West had been recruited by Idaho for four years prior to his signing there.  You've got to respect loyalty from a recruit and the fact he wants to be a Vandal in Moscow!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down