Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots v. Gaels 2/9/17 - Watch Party

+2
Sound Voltex
blacksheep
6 posters

Go down

Pilots v. Gaels 2/9/17 - Watch Party Empty Pilots v. Gaels 2/9/17 - Watch Party

Post by blacksheep Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:19 pm

I recently installed a 120" HD projection screen at the Knights of Columbus hall at 5335 NE 42nd Ave.  I will be streaming the game Tomorrow, so anyone who wants to come by, feel free.

I know the last game was tough to watch, so people may not want to watch this one.  I have a couple kegs of my homebrew on tap to drown our sorrows (a pale ale and a Double IPA)!  A few of you were at my Super Bowl party and can attest that the Beer was delicious!

I don't know what else to say about this game except that I hope our team is angry about he last one and St. Mary's is looking ahead to Gonzaga.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Pilots v. Gaels 2/9/17 - Watch Party Empty Re: Pilots v. Gaels 2/9/17 - Watch Party

Post by Sound Voltex Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:40 pm

The magic numbers are 9, 27, and 33.

(9 = points SMC held us and USD to in first half last game, 27 = total points scored by USD last week, 33 = total points scored by us last game)
Sound Voltex
Sound Voltex
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 819
Registration date : 2017-01-12

Back to top Go down

Pilots v. Gaels 2/9/17 - Watch Party Empty Re: Pilots v. Gaels 2/9/17 - Watch Party

Post by dholcombe Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:23 pm

The invite sounds pretty good, but I've got a 7 am meeting so I'm going to stay home and suffer with my tiny 100" screen and no beer. Also...what's with the games streaming in 720p max? Doesn't look great blown up.

dholcombe
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Voltex Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:47 pm

22-22 halftime

I can only watch stats on my phone...what is going on? Is the site broken? Are we playing legit? Have we bringing a curse of suckage on the other team lately?

Nonetheless, after what happened during the BYU game, I'm gonna still keep expectations low. Hopefully I can catch the last few minutes of the stream when I get home.
Sound Voltex
Sound Voltex
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:01 pm

SoundVoltex wrote:I can only watch stats on my phone...what is going on? Is the site broken?

Listen to the Jasons live - http://v6.player.abacast.net/2150

Come on boys, keep it up!
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by dholcombe Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:45 pm

Two good outings in a row. If we can play disruptive defense against the lower tier teams like this there will be several more wins if we can find anything resembling an offense.

dholcombe
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:31 am

dholcombe wrote:Two good outings in a row. If we can play disruptive defense against the lower tier teams like this there will be several more wins if we can find anything resembling an offense.
....they'll have have to do it with an even shorter bench the rest of the way as Joseph is done for the year with a knee injury suffered in practice this week.

Alec finally had his surgery Wednesday....recovery from ACL surgery can take 6 to 10 months, let's hope he'll heal fast so he can start his pro career this coming fall.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Voltex Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:41 am

DoubleDipper wrote:
dholcombe wrote:Two good outings in a row. If we can play disruptive defense against the lower tier teams like this there will be several more wins if we can find anything resembling an offense.
....they'll have have to do it with an even shorter bench the rest of the way as Joseph is done for the year with a knee injury suffered in practice this week.

Man, the train just keeps going on deeper...

With only 2 bigs, now they have to be even more careful on fouls. Can't have a repeat of the BYU game.
Sound Voltex
Sound Voltex
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by StudentPilot Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:17 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:....they'll have have to do it with an even shorter bench the rest of the way as Joseph is done for the year with a knee injury suffered in practice this week.
UP also reported a knee injury, but I saw a text saying Joseph had a "broken tibia" and could be out for up to 6 months, depending upon whether or not he requires surgery. Apparently he broke his leg at practice on Tuesday.

Beside enduring the very painful break, I'm sure Joseph is frustrated at the amount of time he'll have to stay away from basketball and working with his teammates.

Combining Joseph's broken leg and Austin Stone's dislocated ankle, it could be a slow start for UP's big men next fall.
StudentPilot
StudentPilot
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2016-10-20

Back to top Go down