NASCAR 2017

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: NASCAR 2017

Post by blacksheep on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:17 pm

up7587 wrote:Silverado, absolutely not.  Something'd break for sure.  But in an F-150, it'd be way cool to go that fast.  

Them is fighting words! Evil or Very Mad
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:21 pm

blacksheep wrote:
up7587 wrote:Silverado, absolutely not.  Something'd break for sure.  But in an F-150, it'd be way cool to go that fast.  

A picture is worth a thousand fighting words.

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:29 am

up7587 wrote:
blacksheep wrote:

A picture is worth a thousand fighting words.

You can post the picture of my broken tie rod when you're willing to drive your F150 up that hill.
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Mon May 08, 2017 11:39 am

A helluva race and an exciting finish yesterday at Talladega in the red dirt of Alabama....the first track I ever attended a NASCAR race at.

Good to see Ricky Stenhouse finally get a win after 158 starts in the big series.  His last lap pass and defensive moves at the end of the race made it the most exciting race of the season for me!

It was also nice to see the grandstands full....it's been a tough year for NASCAR with so many drivers retiring.

Hey, if Danica can't win, at least her boyfriend can
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6752
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 on Mon May 08, 2017 11:55 am

Ha, I watched it, too.  I like the intensity of the restrictor plate races a lot.  That finish was great.  Once again, Kyle Busch walks away with a frown.  McMurray's move to split Busch and Johnson was wild.

The Fords sure have made a comeback in speed this year.  Stenhouse won the pole, and was fast all day.

Here's the big one with Danica's big hit into the wall.
up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 on Sat May 13, 2017 11:27 pm

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Sat May 13, 2017 11:47 pm

up7587 wrote:Danica is in the news again, for being part of another wreck.
I was much relieved when she came running out of her car and away from the fire and smoke....and loved the way she chewed on Joey Logano for hitting her as they boarded the ambulance to head to the care center together.  After being cut out of his car, Aric Almirola was airlifted to the hospital

Easy to see Logano's and Almirola's cars in this picture, but Patrick's car is nearly invisible while engulfed in flames...
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 on Sun May 14, 2017 2:34 pm

Joey turned right into her, but before that you can see a brake rotor come flying off his right front wheel through his fender. No way he could avoid hitting her without a right side brake at 215 MPH.
up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Sun May 14, 2017 5:53 pm

up7587 wrote:Joey turned right left into her, but before that you can see a brake rotor come flying off his right front wheel through his fender.  No way he could avoid hitting her without a right side brake at 215 MPH.
FYP... Razz

Yeah, saw the video of that, don't understand though how the rotor could fail considering the little braking they do at KC.

Fortunately Aric Almirola is out of the hospital, but it's fortunate safety crews cut off the top of Almirola's car to remove him and place him a backboard before he was airlifted to the hospital because doctors there diagnosed a compression fracture of his T5 vertebra.  He may be out of the hospital, but he'll also be out of racing for awhile.
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:50 am

Finally!  Danica has the breaks go her way for a change and ends up 10th after a wild wreck during the overtime lap wrecked a bunch of cars ahead of her.

Bad new for no one's favorite, Kyle Busch.  The pole-sitter loses a tire exiting the pits from his first stop and finishes somewhere towards the back after actually getting as high as 3rd or 4th after the incident.

As I recall, his crew chief and a couple of tire change guys should face a four race penalty for the mishap....we'll see.

Oh, and Jimmy Johnson won for a record tying 11th time at Dover after a caution that allowed him to catch Kyle Larson, and then an overtime start that zoomed him past Larson, all while wearing a Cale Yarbrough tribute helmet.  Johnson's win ties him with Yarbrough with 83 total cup wins.
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:53 pm

Here's the video on Busch.  He left with no lug nuts on that tire.

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/06/04/kyle-busch-loses-tire-dover-pit-stop/
up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:56 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:As I recall, his crew chief and a couple of tire change guys should face a four race penalty for the mishap....we'll see.  
Yup!
ESPN wrote: NASCAR has suspended Kyle Busch crew chief Adam Stevens and two of his pit crew members for four races for a wheel coming off Busch's car early in the NASCAR Cup race Sunday at Dover International Speedway.  
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:12 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:As I recall, his crew chief and a couple of tire change guys should face a four race penalty for the mishap....we'll see.  
Yup!
ESPN wrote: NASCAR has suspended Kyle Busch crew chief Adam Stevens and two of his pit crew members for four races for a wheel coming off Busch's car early in the NASCAR Cup race Sunday at Dover International Speedway.  

The tire changer and tire carrier got suspended. Seems like it should have been the jack man. He dropped the car too soon, and the driver takes off as soon as it drops.
up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:46 pm

up7587 wrote:I think I'll root for Ryan Blaney (that would be #21, DD) and Wood Brothers Racing.  I like the Fords, but I have a hard time rooting for Harvick.......
Heckava an exciting finish today with the #21 passing Kurt Busch with 10 laps to go and holding off Kevin Harvick to get his first Cup win and mark the popular Wood Brothers Racing's 99th Cup win.....but their first since 2011.

A good clean race with comparatively very few yellow flags, but a tough hit against the wall at close to 200 mph for Jimmie Johnson.  

Danica finished 16th after being as high as 5th.
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:43 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:A helluva race and an exciting finish yesterday at Talladega in the red dirt of Alabama....the first track I ever attended a NASCAR race at.

Good to see Ricky Stenhouse finally get a win after 158 starts in the big series.  His last lap pass and defensive moves at the end of the race made it the most exciting race of the season for me!

It was also nice to see the grandstands full....it's been a tough year for NASCAR with so many drivers retiring.

Hey, if Danica can't win, at least her boyfriend can

Ricky wins another restrictor race, the Firecracker 400 at Daytona. Exciting race, Lots of top drivers crashed out, including Danica.

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum