Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March Madness 2016

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

March Madness 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: March Madness 2016

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:31 pm

So, what did the Sooners do between smoking Oregon from the 3Pt line and getting blown out by 'Nova?  Spring break in Cancun?

Looks like Pilotfan4life is a lock to at least share the bracket challenge title.  W W Winkie and Where's My Beer can only tie for the title.

Update: now that it's a N. Carolina - Villanova final, PF4L wins if UNC wins, and PF4L and WWWinkie tie if 'Nova wins.

Last edited by up7587 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:43 pm

Probably the most disappointing Final Four games I recall watching.....really glad I was watching them on the DVR as the games only wasted about 30 minutes of my time total.

Tonight's UNC vs. Villanova game has got to be good.....just based upon the last few games, the Wildcats appear to peaking at just the right time.

With the possibility of a grades/cheating scandal looming at UNC, will this be Roy Williams last game there?  And if it is, it would seem going out a winner would be fine with him....but maybe not the best way to reward him if he's implicated further.

On the flip side, Villanova coach Jay Wright was awarded the 2016 Naismith Men's College Basketball Coach of the Year Award yesterday.  

Can the coaches make a difference tonight, or is it going to be about what players can perform at their best in the most important game of their college careers?

The odds makers have the Tar Heels by 2 points with a 149.5 o/u.....if I were a betting man, I'd take Villanova to beat the odds and I'd take the under.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11217
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:31 pm

The UNC cheating has to be an academic scandal. not just an athletic scandal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Justice is served, Carolina's comeback is cut short as Villanova made a buzzer beater to win.

The total was over, 151. So DD split his bets.

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:51 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:51 pm

"I knew it was good. I knew it was in before the red light went off,'' said Villanova team chaplain Father Rob Hagan, who at Mass earlier in the day spoke about the vines and the branches and how they must stay connected to bear fruit.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15137367/kris-jenkins-title-winning-shot-illustrated-how-villanova-played-all-season

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2