Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WCC Tourney - Las Vegas

+5
ehk21
ExpatPilot
DoubleDipper
blacksheep
PilotNut
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WCC Tourney - Las Vegas - Page 2 Empty Re: WCC Tourney - Las Vegas

Post by blacksheep Fri May 13, 2016 11:39 am

PilotNut wrote:This is good news, in my opinion.  When staying in vegas for that long, being off the strip is nice.  Good to see that the Orleans Arena will be adding new video and scoreboards... the previous versions were hard to read.

The buckets of beer shall continue....

They might attract more fans next year if they spent the money on upgrading the beer. The Orleans put on the Pilot pregame and the choice of beer was Bud, Bud light, or Bud Lime Embarassed

I'm not one to put down someone's taste in beer (Heck, I'm known to throw down a silver bullet or two), but some micro choices would be appreciated.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Fri May 13, 2016 12:58 pm

blacksheep wrote:
PilotNut wrote:This is good news, in my opinion.  When staying in vegas for that long, being off the strip is nice.  Good to see that the Orleans Arena will be adding new video and scoreboards... the previous versions were hard to read.

They might attract more fans next year if they spent the money on upgrading the beer.  The Orleans put on the Pilot pregame and the choice of beer was Bud, Bud light, or Bud Lime Embarassed

I'm not one to put down someone's taste in beer (Heck, I'm known to throw down a silver bullet or two), but some micro choices would be appreciated.  

Move on from the Silver Bullet. Go Rainier when a macro is warranted.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2016 1:20 pm

blacksheep wrote:They might attract more fans next year if they spent the money on upgrading the beer.  The Orleans put on the Pilot pregame and the choice of beer was Bud, Bud light, or Bud Lime Embarassed

I doubt having a different beer will attract any more fans. But the Orleans choices were better than the Chiles choices of two, neither of which I care for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri May 13, 2016 1:27 pm

up7587 wrote:
blacksheep wrote:They might attract more fans next year if they spent the money on upgrading the beer.  The Orleans put on the Pilot pregame and the choice of beer was Bud, Bud light, or Bud Lime Embarassed

I doubt having a different beer will attract any more fans.  But the Orleans choices were better than the Chiles choices of two, neither of which I care for.

All I can think of is this YouTube clip from John Oliver, which still remains topical with the Trump reference

Last edited by Geezaldinho on Fri May 13, 2016 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Fri May 13, 2016 1:28 pm

Rochin54 wrote:
blacksheep wrote:

They might attract more fans next year if they spent the money on upgrading the beer.  The Orleans put on the Pilot pregame and the choice of beer was Bud, Bud light, or Bud Lime Embarassed

Move on from the Silver Bullet.  Go Rainier when a macro is warranted.

Don't judge me!

blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri May 13, 2016 2:24 pm

Attorneys always seem to like numbered bullet points:
1. The Orleans did NOT host ("put on") the Pilot pregame...it was the Office of Alumni Relations
2. The beer, food, shirts, and Pilots' souvenirs were FREE to Pilots fans.
3. Hosted pregame gatherings for other schools were NOT free....I do not know what beer they provided
4. If the consensus is for Pilots fans to pay for future pregame gatherings and have micro brews available, I'm sure the Office of Alumni Relations will listen to your requests.
5. I too enjoy a micro brew over Bud, but I also think an occasional Bud or PBR is plenty refreshing and makes one appreciate the finer beers available to us in the Northwest.  
WCC Tourney - Las Vegas - Page 2 Th53n210
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Fri May 13, 2016 4:13 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
Attorneys always seem to like numbered bullet points:
1. The Orleans did NOT host ("put on") the Pilot pregame...it was the Office of Alumni Relations
2. The beer, food, shirts, and Pilots' souvenirs were FREE to Pilots fans.
3. Hosted pregame gatherings for other schools were NOT free....I do not know what beer they provided
4. If the consensus is for Pilots fans to pay for future pregame gatherings and have micro brews available, I'm sure the Office of Alumni Relations will listen to your requests.
5. I too enjoy a micro brew over Bud, but I also think an occasional Bud or PBR is plenty refreshing and makes one appreciate the finer beers available to us in the Northwest.  
WCC Tourney - Las Vegas - Page 2 Th53n210

Maybe "put on" wasn't the most accurate use of the english language. It is my understanding that the Orleans must cater all events on site and that they didn't have any micro brew choices. I certainly could be wrong, but that doesn't happen every often. Evil or Very Mad If I'm wrong, and it would be an option, I would certainly chip in my share.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2