2019 Recruiting

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: 2019 Recruiting

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:15 pm

The basketball early signing week begins Wednesday morning and it is expected that verbally committed 7-1 center Cody Collinsworth and 6-2 combo guard Donyae McCaskill will be signing their LOIs in the next day or two.

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7628
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wrv on Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Welcome Donyae and Cody.

Go Pilolts.

https://portlandpilots.com/

DD, there is no mention of the Pilots signing another student athlete this fall. Do you have a sense of whether they prefer to wait until spring to sign any others. What is the scholarship situation if everyone returns?

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-05-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:08 pm

wrv wrote:DD, there is no mention of the Pilots signing another student athlete this fall. Do you have a sense of whether they prefer to wait until spring to sign any others. What is the scholarship situation if everyone returns?
We'll just have to wait until Stonehouse gives us the pictorial view, but when Cody's and Donyae's scholarships start counting this summer the Pilots will be one over the limit with 14....so someone will obviously be transferring or giving up their scholarship.

My guess is the staff is expecting at least one player to transfer, and it would not surprise me if more than one decides to move on.

I don't see how there'll be any more signings this fall, but that doesn't mean the coaches will stop looking for someone to sign in the spring in the event more scholarships become available....
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:17 pm

Seems that UP and the WCC are counting on the Pilots to have a 'peak' year next season, given our berth in the Diamond Head Classic holiday tournament. McCaskill and Collingsworth both seem like they'll be able to contribute right away.

My recollection is that the WCC has helped us get into higher profile tournaments in the past (76 Classic, Wooden Legacy) when it is anticipated that we'll have a relatively strong team. Next year should be the first season that Coach Porter has a truly experienced team with his own recruits. I'm hopeful that we can make some serious strides this season in order to build some momentum and confidence for the following year.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:40 pm

It was less than three minutes into the beginning of the season when UP commit Donyae McCaskill made his first dunk of the year....wouldn't it be nice if the UP crowd would go as crazy as those attending this game at his high school in St. Louis.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqV_T6nBBTi/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=2za07aoxzmej

We've been told that if Donyae were a great shooter he'd have been snapped up by a high-major because of his athleticism and bounce....those two qualities are exhibited here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrRWs0Phzte/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=zxdit7bf3csb
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum