2018 Recruiting

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Re: 2018 Recruiting

Post by Dean Murdoch on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:02 am

StudentPilot wrote:I met-up with one of Souley's friends from Oakland and USF volunteering in Puerto Rico, and he told me that as good as Souley is, he saw there were even better guys who would play ahead of him, so he transferred to UTEP.

I guess there was some drop-off in Boum's performance and production as the season progressed, but it doesn't bode well for USF's opponents if their returning and new point guards are better than Boule and UP's guards.

Out - Souley Boum, Chase Foster
In - Charles Minlend, Trevante Anderson

Yeah I don't know, seems to me that USF will have a very similar backcourt as last year. They were obviously more than good enough, but I don't see any game-changing additions to their roster. Minlend redshirted last year and had a similar impact to Boum in his freshman year two years ago. Don't know much about Anderson besides the fact he had offers from Montana and Portland State before picking USF.
Dean Murdoch
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2015-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotFan66 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:19 pm

I looked at the Men's Basketball roster for 2018-19. I did not see Ty Glover's name. Does anyone know the reason?

PilotFan66
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:50 pm

PilotFan66 wrote:I looked at the Men's Basketball roster for 2018-19.  I did not see Ty Glover's name.  Does anyone know the reason?
When Ty signed with UP it was known he'd have to attend summer school at his JC in order to meet certain NCAA "core" requirements. Unfortunately for Ty and the Pilots, he did not meet those requirements, and he will not be attending UP now or in the future.

Ty was going to be the most athletic player on the court this coming year and contend for a starting spot, but instead the Pilots will go with just 12 scholarship players.

On the bright side, he will likely attend college on a scholarship at another level, play basketball, and graduate. The college he chooses might be a D2 or NAIA school, but it should still mean he'll one day be a college graduate with a very good shot at playing in Europe.
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7628
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor on Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:35 am

Too bad about Glover... both for him and for UP. I suppose that knocks our #40 recruiting class ranking down a few spots.

If we have an extra scholarship, even if its just for this one year, the school should award it to Brian Smith or whichever of the other walk-ons has the greatest financial need.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:04 am

NoPoNeighbor wrote:If we have an extra scholarship, even if its just for this one year, the school should award it to Brian Smith or whichever of the other walk-ons has the greatest financial need.
You make an excellent point, NPN, and it has apparently been discussed at length amongst the staff.

Problem is, athletic scholarships are for a full year and cannot be broken into semesters, and with the new, more liberal transfer rules now in effect, the staff would really like to have a scholarship available just in case there is a mid-year transfer they'd like to snag....or even an Aussie or New Zealander graduating from high school in December.
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:36 am

DoubleDipper wrote:On the bright side, Ty will likely attend college on a scholarship at another level, play basketball, and graduate. The college he chooses might be a D2 or NAIA school, but it should still mean he'll one day be a college graduate with a very good shot at playing in Europe.
Good for Ty Glover, he is now officially a D2 Alaska-Fairbanks Nanook, and could turn out to be one of the best D2 players in the country...
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum