Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former Pilots/Local Coaching

4 posters

Go down

Former Pilots/Local Coaching Empty Former Pilots/Local Coaching

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:07 pm

It might be fun to track former Pilots who now are coaching locally:

Emily Patterson was coaching at FC Portland and then moved over to Northeast United when her husband, Garza, came over to head up NEU. (Garza is moving out of that position shortly and will be placed by Brandon McNeil, who currently is Director of Coaching at NEU, in addition to his UP coaching duties.) Emily's actually been coaching a good friend's daughter on a U14 team. The players on that team absolutely adore her. I think she may be stepping back, though, as she now has two (I think) young children.

I ran into Kassi McCloskey last summer. Kassi was coaching a U11 girls team for FC Portland, and her team was playing my granddaughter's NEU U11 team. My granddaughter's team won! Just yesterday, I heard that Kassi has been hired as head girls coach at one of the local high schools for the next year -- if my recollection is right, it's Beaverton HS. In Athletic Director circles, she's considered very young for a head coach, but I think it's a great move for the school. I remember (if my brain isn't too addled) that Michelle Scifo coached Lincoln to the State Championship at about the same age.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Former Pilots/Local Coaching Empty Re: Former Pilots/Local Coaching

Post by purple passion Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:02 am

Not exactly true to the theme here, but close enough to not open a new topic. I thoroughly enjoyed the banquet last night honoring the 2005 NCAA Champion team. Former players that are away from the game now are really down to earth, nice people...and those still active are still in a motivated and high spirited mode with senses of humor that, I hope, rubbed off on this year's team...also in attendance. As a side note after all these years, I finally met the Geez. I'm here to tell you that he looks NOTHING like Zebulon Walton.
purple passion
purple passion
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:00 pm

purple passion wrote:I finally met the Geez.  I'm here to tell you that he looks NOTHING like Zebulon Walton.

Busted.

I decided to use my real image as my avatar.

<<<<<<<
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:52 am

Scappoose’s Rebekah Kurle was voted Coach of the Year following her first season at SHS.

Scappoose won the Cowapa League with a 10-0 record. The Indians play for the 2015 OSAA 4A state title at 3:30 p.m. on Nov. 14.

Congrats.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by purplehaze Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Jessica Tuttle is coaching JV at Jesuit.

purplehaze
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down