Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portside with the Pilots TV show airing on CSN

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Portside with the Pilots TV show airing on CSN Empty Portside with the Pilots TV show airing on CSN

Post by PilotNut Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:23 am

Portside with the Pilots to Debut on CSN Jan. 13

PORTLAND, Ore. – A new half-hour monthly show titled Portside with the Pilots featuring exclusive University of Portland Athletics content will launch on Comcast SportsNet Northwest on Tuesday, Jan. 13 at 9 p.m. The series is hosted by Jamie Hudson and will showcase student-athlete profiles, alumni spotlights, top plays, and behind-the-scenes access to Pilot Athletics.

"This is a great opportunity to showcase University of Portland Athletics to a broader audience," Portland Athletic Director Scott Leykam said. "There are so many Pilot student-athletes, coaches, alumni and fans that have intriguing stories and now we have a platform to give those stories the proper attention. We are looking forward to growing a rewarding partnership with Comcast SportsNet Northwest."

Following the show launch on Tuesday, Portside with the Pilots will re-air on CSN-NW a total of six times. Segments of the show will also be archived on both CSNNW.com and through the Pilots YouTube channel. The complete television schedule for the debut show is listed below.

The inaugural episode will highlight sophomore point guard Alec Wintering's breakout season and the unique path to The Bluff for the Charlotte native. Wintering has led the Pilots to a 10-5 record and is among the WCC leaders in a variety of statistical categories.

The show will also chronicle Portland's run to a third-place podium finish at the 2014 NCAA Cross Country Championships. The Pilot men's cross country team is one of four schools to place in the top 14 nationally each of the last eight years, but this season marked the first time that head coach Rob Conner's team earned a trophy at nationals.

Portside with the Pilots is scheduled for new shows the second Tuesday of every month going forward. Below is the schedule for the inaugural episode.

Portside with the Pilots on Comcast SportsNet Northwest Airdates
Tuesday, Jan. 13 at 9 p.m. (debut)
Wednesday, Jan. 14, 1 a.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 14, 7:30 a.m.
Thursday, Jan. 15, 9:30 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 16, 4 a.m.
Sunday, Jan. 18, 11:30 p.m.
Monday, Jan 19, 6 a.m.

Last edited by PilotNut on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Portside with the Pilots TV show airing on CSN Empty Re: Portside with the Pilots TV show airing on CSN

Post by PilotNut Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:58 pm

Episode 2 airs tonight at 9pm, with multiple replays the next few days...

GO PILOTS!

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Portside with the Pilots TV show airing on CSN Empty Re: Portside with the Pilots TV show airing on CSN

Post by PilotNut Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:09 pm

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The third episode of Portside With The Pilots will air on Thursday, March 12th at 9:30 PM on Comcast SportsNet Northwest. Hosted by Jamie Hudson, the half-hour monthly show showcases student-athlete profiles, alumni spotlights, top plays, and behind-the-scenes access to Pilot Athletics.

This month's edition features a behind-the-scenes look at the Portland Men's Basketball team's exciting win over the No. 3-seed Saint Mary's Gaels in the Quarterfinals of the West Coast Conference Basketball Championship in Las Vegas.

Also, we catch up with former Pilots Women's Basketball Head Coach Jim Sollars, who was inducted into the 2015 WCC Hall of Honor last weekend. Sollars coached the Pilots from 1986 to 2014.

Plus, with the spring soccer season right around the corner and friendlies against the Portland Thorns and Portland Timbers 2 on the horizon, we profile men's soccer freshman standout Brandon Zambrano and welcome new Women's Soccer Assistant Coach Angela Harrison back to The Bluff, where she starred between the pipes for UP in the late 1990's.

Portside With The Pilots is scheduled for new shows the second Tuesday of every month. Below is the schedule for the upcoming episode.

Portside with the Pilots on Comcast SportsNet Northwest Airdates:
Thursday, March 12th, 9:30 p.m.
Friday, March 13th, 7:00 a.m.
Saturday, March 14th, 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 18th, 12:30 a.m.
Wednesday, March 18th, 3:00 p.m.
Friday, March 20th, 2:00 a.m.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:03 pm

I had the pleasure of spending some time with Director of Video Services, James Vega (and his parents), and Live Video Production Coordinator, Jose Nevarez while we were in Las Vegas....they are the guys who really make Portside a quality showcase of Pilots athletics.

I think you'll enjoy the latest installment....I know you'll appreciate the quality work these two gentlemen provide the university.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11214
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:19 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:I had the pleasure of spending some time with Director of Video Services, James Vega (and his parents), and Live Video Production Coordinator, Jose Nevarez while we were in Las Vegas....they are the guys who really make Portside a quality showcase of Pilots athletics.

I think you'll enjoy the latest installment....I know you'll appreciate the quality work these two gentlemen provide the university.

Yeah, but are we going to see a DD interview?
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:59 pm

blacksheep wrote:Yeah, but are we going to see a DD interview?
Haha, I don't recall everything about Las Vegas, but I believe the closest I got to an interview was when KB and Rev were being interviewed by the young lady from Time-Warner/Los Angeles.

Here's Rev's picture of KB being interviewed, you might recognize a few PilotNation folks in the background:
Portside with the Pilots TV show airing on CSN B_iagp10
And here's my picture (remember, I only have a flip phone with limited capability) of Rev's interview with the same tall young lady.
Portside with the Pilots TV show airing on CSN B_huvq10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:33 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
blacksheep wrote:Yeah, but are we going to see a DD interview?
Haha, I don't recall everything about Las Vegas, but I believe the closest I got to an interview was when KB and Rev were being interviewed by the young lady from Time-Warner/Los Angeles.

Here's Rev's picture of KB being interviewed, you might recognize a few PilotNation folks in the background:
Portside with the Pilots TV show airing on CSN B_iagp10
And here's my picture (remember, I only have a flip phone with limited capability) of Rev's interview with the same tall young lady.
Portside with the Pilots TV show airing on CSN B_huvq10

Just for you DD, I found another picture of said reporter!  She apparently reports for Beach Volleyball as well.

Portside with the Pilots TV show airing on CSN 57551310

Last edited by blacksheep on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:16 pm

My god, how tall is she?? Someone get George Constanza over here!
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1787
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:02 pm

Terry Cahill wrote:My god, how tall is she?? Someone get George Constanza over here!
When she played volleyball at USC (before having to curtail her career after her sophomore year due to injury and illness) she was listed at 6-2.....her 6 inch heels make her look even taller.

I'm thinking the camera guy in the beach shot is less tall.... tongue
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:14 am

Portside tonight at 9 PM on CSN...

I'm guessing the show was produced before CB's performance in Indianapolis.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue May 12, 2015 7:13 pm

Portside tonight (5-12-15) on CSN at 9 PDT.......with repeats on Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday and Monday.

One of the stories tonight is about Gus Little and Travis Vetters, two former UP Baseball players who are forever connected through friendship, sacrifice and teamwork. A kidney donation saved the life of one and changed the lives of so many.

Preview:
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue May 12, 2015 11:34 pm

A fantastic episode tonight... not a dry eye in this house. Please take 30 minutes and watch this week's episode.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Wed May 13, 2015 11:23 am

PilotNut wrote:A fantastic episode tonight...  not a dry eye in this house.  Please take 30 minutes and watch this week's episode.  

Sheesh, I've got to quit cutting onions over here.

Gus and Travis were from my era at UP...just an incredible story.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1787
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:16 pm

Don't forget, it's Portside with the Pilots again tonight (Tuesday) @ 9 on CSN.

I understand they'll be talking about the Women's Tennis team's European tour and Korey's run to the NCAA Nationals.....but I guess they won't be introducing the new baseball coach, yet.... Rolling Eyes
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:52 pm

Next Portside is this coming Tuesday, July 14 @ 9 PDT on CSN...
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:42 pm

The Portside this evening (I'm sure you can find numerous repeats on CSN or on YouTube) featured a segment on the 2009 men's team time in Anaheim when they blew out UCLA, beat Minnesota, and hung in with 8th ranked West Virginia.....with UP ending up at #25 in the nation.

Yeah, yeah....I know, then the Pilots came home and faced the 3-point shooting of PSU in the Chiles Center Rolling Eyes

Here's the Anaheim segment only:
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:37 pm

Hey, a brand-new "Portside with the Pilots" tonight at 7:30 on CSNNW....with repeats:

Tonight, June 15, 10:30pm
Thursday, June 16th, 9:30am
Saturday, June 18th, 2:30am
Sunday, June 19th, 6:00pm
Monday, June 20th, 9:30am
Thursday, June 23rd, 2:30am, and eventually on YouTube.

Tonight's episode will, among other topics, show the best sights and sounds from the NCAA Track & Field Championship:

Edit: Or you can watch each segment (or the entire broadcast) here.....now: http://portlandpilots.com/news/2016/6/15/general-portside-with-the-pilots-episode-18.aspx
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:26 am

In case anyone missed the Terry Porter basketball special on Portside, please take a few minutes to watch.  This is a really good episode, with great insights & background information.  The production value is great, too--well done, UP Athletics staff!

The footage from the trip to the Seahawks training facility, listening to Coach Pete Carroll talk to the team (ok, I guess I have to dislike him less now) and Russell Wilson were cool.

Youtube Link

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:16 pm

This week's Portside With the Pilots has an excellent feature on Title IX and a segment about Alec and Jazz, but if like me, you recorded last night's broadcast but found the first 20 minutes was preempted by a hockey game, you can record the replay on CSN tomorrow (Thursday) morning at 2:30 AM.

Or, you can watch right here on the small screen:
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed May 17, 2017 11:34 pm

Another great episode tonight... there were great pieces on Parkes Kendrick as valedictorian, a Men's Tennis WCC Championship season recap, information on the first 7 (of Cool Men's Basketball recruits with great commentary from Coach Terry Porter and all of his staff, and a story on the recently completed Women's Rowing boathouse on Vancouver Lake.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:55 am

Update: Portside with the Pilots will be a weekly show during the 2017-18 school year! New episodes appear to still be on Wednesdays on CSNNW, with repeats later in the week.

The format appears to have changed a bit, as well. The inaugural 2017-18 show was shot on a set, behind a desk (newscast style) with Adam Linnman as host. The show had highlights from the soccer & volleyball games so far, as well as special pieces focusing on Coach Crouch and the dramatic rise of the volleyball program and Coach Porter and recruiting for men's basketball in Las Vegas... Good stuff!

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:13 am

If like me, you are continually impressed with the work that Jose and James do day-to-day to keep UP's videos front and center, you might enjoy this behind the scenes look from Sports Video Group News.

https://www.sportsvideo.org/2017/09/28/university-of-portland-leverages-ip-tech-student-crews-in-biggest-year-of-live-productions-yet/
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:08 pm

Tonight's Portside had a lot of great information... replays will occur on CSN-NW this week or online.

-MBX highlights
-WSOC details on Elli Reed hire, with interview.
-Tennis updates
-Scott Leykam interview, covering MBX development, WBX young talent, WSOC & WVB coaching changes, River Campus updates (soccer fields, dock, tennis facility), BSB grandstand update.
-WSOC Allison Weatherington interview
-BSB Travis Vetters and Gus Little update on their transplant story.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Since this show is not running in the current year, I am unpinning this thread.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ExpatPilot Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:55 pm

PilotNut wrote:Since this show is not running in the current year, I am unpinning this thread.

Any reason why? I used to look forward to those!

ExpatPilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next