Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lopez, Woznuk & Schmidt Honored By Soccer America

2 posters

Go down

Lopez, Woznuk & Schmidt Honored By Soccer America Empty Lopez, Woznuk & Schmidt Honored By Soccer America

Post by FANatic Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:57 pm

Soccer America magazine has announced its 2007 National MVP and Freshman All-America Teams.

http://www.portlandpilots.com/sports/wsoccer/release.asp?release_id=4727

Stephanie Lopez earned first team National MVP honors for the third consecutive year. Angie Woznuk was selected to the second team for her first such Soccer America honor.

Sophie Schmidt was selected to the first team All-Freshman unit. She is the tenth Pilot to receive that award.

Congratulations, ladies!!! cheers cheers cheers
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Lopez, Woznuk & Schmidt Honored By Soccer America Empty Re: Lopez, Woznuk & Schmidt Honored By Soccer America

Post by fozziewozzie Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:21 pm

congratulations indeed!!! again, as i an others have mentioned on another thread, where is michelle on these awards lists?? if this were professional sports, there are very few players in the country i would trade her for straight up. an i can guarantee everyone, none of them were left off these awards. oh well, i guess we can just consider her our secret weapon since it seems nobody else realizes how good she really is!
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Lopez, Woznuk & Schmidt Honored By Soccer America Empty Re: Lopez, Woznuk & Schmidt Honored By Soccer America

Post by FANatic Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:30 pm

It is puzzling, fozzie. But with Steph and Woz gone next year, if Michelle continues her rocket-like ascension and we continue to challenge for all the marbles, I think as a junior it will be her moment to shine in the sun. If she stays healthy and keeps doin' what she's doin', she should be well-honored at season's end in 2008! Very Happy

Oh...I almost forgot: Pia Sundhage must think she's pretty darn good!!! And really, what collegiate honor compares with an invite to a U.S. Women's Senior National Team mini-camp as they prepare for the 2008 Olympics?

CONGRATULATIONS, MICHELLE!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:48 pm

what i was trying to convey, apparently not very successfully, is that the people i believe, who vote on these things just didnt consider michelles numbers an the QUALITY of the team she plays on. while we all agree that angie was the heart an soul of this team [i think?], we would have not gone anywhere without michelle as talented as angie is.
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:19 pm

Found an interesting tidbit on this link regarding Soccer America and Michelle Enyeart:

http://www.up.edu/news/shownews.asp?id=3447

It seems that on Tuesday, October 30 of this year, Soccer America recognized Michelle as their National Player of the Week for 10/22 - 10/28. This after she scored the winning goals in both of the two nationally televised matches against San Diego and Santa Clara at Merlo. (Note that the San Diego match will go down in Pilots lore as the one that produced the Michelle Enyeart masterpiece we now celebrate with reverence as "The Goal".)

This tells me they certainly know who she is and that she is a highly valuable player on a national level.

Not one of the 22 best players in the nation? THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE. scratch
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:41 pm

fozzie - just caught your last post. I am completely in agreement with you. I think we just use different words but are saying the same thing. I believe Michelle Enyeart is a monster who deserves first team All-America honors. She is the most dynamic and dangerous player on our roster. (If Megan Rapinoe is healthy next year, we have a great shot at a title, being as I believe Megan is also a dynamic monster; with two such players, we could be all but unstoppable on the attack.)

Believe me, fozzie. I feel just as you do about Michelle. I just don't understand why she's not getting the national honors that she so greatly deserves. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:28 pm

you know what FANatic, when i think about next year i dont even calculate in megan an rachel because they were gone all year, in megans case, longer. poor garrett, what problem he's going to have next year trying to figure out where to play all this talent, both returning an incoming. i am already excited about next year!
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down