Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR -- 2014

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NASCAR -- 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: NASCAR -- 2014

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:36 pm

ESPN wrote:A full brawl quickly escalated with Hendrick team members throwing punches that left Gordon with a bloody lip......
Huh?

I did see Gordon go down, but I doubt it was his own team that made it happen.

And Harvick's "shove"....that was about the wimpiest little tiny push I've ever seen.  If he were playing basketball in the WCC it wouldn't even have been called a foul.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:52 am

DoubleDipper wrote:And Harvick's "shove"....that was about the wimpiest little tiny push I've ever seen.  If he were playing basketball in the WCC it wouldn't even have been called a foul.
So now pushing someone in the back is called #Harvicking. Harvick says he didn't want Keselowski to walk away from Gordon, that he should "fight his own fights".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:26 pm

No fights after the Phoenix race today.   Sad   Kevin Harvick won, in a "must win to get in" situation.  The final four are set, with Harvick getting in with his victory, and Logano, Hamlin and Newman getting through on points. On the last lap, Newman was a point behind Jeff Gordon, and put Kyle Larson into the wall to get the pass, gain a point, and knock Gordon out of contention for a 5th championship.

There is one race left in the season, and whichever driver finishes highest among the final four is the champion. All even going in, no advantage. The new system is more exciting than previous years, where, for example, Jimmy Johnson could finish no worse than 30th and win the championship due to his points advantage going in.

None of the final four drivers have previously won a championship, so there will be a first time champion this year.  Harvick looks like the strongest, but I prefer Logano over the others.  Harvick, Newman and Hamlin can all be hard-a$$e$.

Logano drives for Roger Penske. Harvick drives for Stewart-Hass; he got his job when they let Newman go. Newman now drives for Richard Childress. Hamlin drives for the coach, Joe Gibbs.

Stewart-Hass and Childress are affiliated with Chevrolet. Penske is affiliated with Ford. And Gibbs is with Toyota. So each of the manufacturers has a driver in the final four.

Should be a good finale to the season!

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:33 am

up7587 wrote:Should be a good finale to the season!
I think we'll see some very aggressive driving and some teammate involvement as the season ends the way it should....with the highest finishing finalist taking home the gold.

Excellent last lap finish by Newman yesterday....although I think many race fans would liked to have seen Gordon with an opportunity to win another championship.  I've been to the 1 mile Phoenix Raceway more than any other track to see NASCAR races, and it's a very good and LOUD atmosphere to be racing in....it's as if 40 P-47 Thunderbolts were flying at very low level around the track.

Next week the 1.5 mile track at Homestead will be a fitting finale to the season....they'll be plenty of fighting, but this time the majority of it will be ON the track! pirat
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Kevin "Harvicked" everyone in the field today and won the championship with his walk-off win at Homestead Raceway.

I don't think it could have been a more exciting finale having all four drivers with a chance at the championship running toward the front all day.....IMO the best driver with the best team (Stewart-Haas) won.

Harvick won five races this season, including 3 of the last 6 and the last 2 in a row, so his team was hot when it needed to be.  It's not always the good guys or the best racers and teams that win....but this time it all came together.

Tip of the cap to Ryan Newman...I think he could have tapped and wrecked Harvick with a couple of laps to go, but instead he elected to be the "good guy"....and that, in the long run, may be worth more than a championship.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:28 pm

Yeah, Harvick was deserving of the season championship. Often had the best car all year. To actually have to win the last 2 races to win the championship was cool.

At least a Hendrick driver didn't win this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:42 am

It would've been fun, though, if Newman had got by Harvick and won the race and title, making him champion with one race win...which, when Kenseth did it in 2003, kicked off the whole Chase system in the first place.  Twisted Evil
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:19 am

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:It would've been fun CONTROVERSIAL, though, if Newman had got by Harvick and won the race and title, making him champion with one race win...which, when Kenseth did it in 2003, kicked off the whole Chase system in the first place.  Twisted Evil
FYP

Can you imagine the turmoil that would have caused?  There are already enough owners and drivers who do NOT like the new format (the consistent Joey Logano, for one), but this year's result has gone down pretty well with the fans....me included.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:47 pm

It would have been ironic as well, as the year Kenseth won, Newman was the driver who had 8 wins and 11 poles, but was only 6th in the standing due to inconsistent finishes in other races.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:36 pm

Press gas,turn left.

I don't get the rest.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:45 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:Press gas,turn left.

I don't get the rest.
Jeez, Geez....that's why a few of us post here on the NASCAR thread....so you can keep learning, despite your age! Razz  BTW, I think you'll find there's very little turning left in NASCAR....on the track and off!  tongue

I will admit though, you sound like Mrs. DD who likes F-1 racing, but finds the round-and-round-and-round of NASCAR so boring that it is brain numbing. Rolling Eyes
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:07 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
Geezaldinho wrote:Press gas,turn left.

I don't get the rest.
Jeez, Geez....that's why a few of us post here on the NASCAR thread....so you can keep learning, despite your age! Razz  BTW, I think you'll find there's very little turning left in NASCAR....on the track and off!  tongue

I will admit though, you sound like Mrs. DD who likes F-1 racing, but finds the round-and-round-and-round of NASCAR so boring that it is brain numbing. Rolling Eyes

Shows how much I watch.

I had no idea the tea party got the circuit to change to turning right, but it makes perfect sense!
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2