Vegas 2014

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Vegas 2014

Post by Pilot2002 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:38 pm

PilotNut wrote:PilotFan4Life...  are you going this year?

PilotFan4Life has taken a hiatus from the board.  As far as I now she is not going to Vegas this year.  It is her spring break but still not going!

Pilot2002
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas 2014

Post by DoubleDipper on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:05 pm

PilotNut wrote:.........And DD, didn't I deputize you to purchase Pilotfan4Life an alternate prize last year?!  Question Smile
Yes, and I did follow through.....but as I recall it turned out to be just a soft drink and dinner in the HOF Room.

She may be fooling all of us, including her parents and brothers, but PF4L does not appear to be much of a partier, yet..... Rolling Eyes

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6264
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas 2014

Post by up7587 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:49 pm

Quarterfinal games going to form so far: USF over USD, and BYU over LMU.

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3519
Age : 62
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas 2014

Post by up7587 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:31 pm

SCU lead much of their game with GU. GU opened their largest lead at 5 late in the 2nd half. SCU got a traditional 3 point play, then a turnover. Down 2 with the ball, no shot clock. They scored to tie, but left 9 seconds on the clock. Stockton took the ball all the way to the rim and made the winning basket. SCU had no time to get a good shot, and that was it.

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3519
Age : 62
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas 2014

Post by up7587 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:50 am

No Cinderella this year. SMC beat Pepperdine, and now faces a lucky GU, who just waxed them a week ago. BYU and USF square off in the other semi-final.

Probably a good year for scalping tickets for Monday's games. Could of made enough to pay for Nascar tickets, or at least cover some of the blackjack losses.  Laughing 

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3519
Age : 62
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas 2014

Post by Geezaldinho on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:19 am

Should have stuck with the games of skill, like Poker.

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10316
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas 2014

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:52 pm

Watched tonight's final between BYU and Gonzaga with a young (12) relative of mine.  When I told him UP had beaten both GU and BYU earlier this year in Portland he asked 1) why the Pilots were not then in the final, and 2) why the final wasn't being played in Portland.

I was only able to answer number 2!   Rolling Eyes

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6264
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas 2014

Post by up7587 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:07 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Watched tonight's final between BYU and Gonzaga with a young (12) relative of mine.  When I told him UP had beaten both GU and BYU earlier this year in Portland he asked 1) why the Pilots were not then in the final, and 2) why the final wasn't being played in Portland.

I was only able to answer number 2!   Rolling Eyes

1) Same reason Arizona and Indianapolis weren't in the Super Bowl.

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3519
Age : 62
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas 2014

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:23 pm

up7587 wrote:1) Same reason Arizona and Indianapolis weren't in the Super Bowl.
Special Team play?

 I have totally forgotten the season except for the Seahawks last two wins.... Embarassed 

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6264
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas 2014

Post by up7587 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:51 pm

So, BYU shot 0-12, 3-10, and 3-13 in their three games at the tournament from 3PT range. That's a cumulative 17%. What happened to the team that went 10-20 against UP a couple weeks ago?

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3519
Age : 62
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas 2014

Post by PilotNut on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:51 am

There is a slight tweak to the tourney format for 2015, cutting out 1 day...  a positive change for those of us who have to work!  

LINK

...The group also approved changes to the West Coast Conference's men's and women's basketball championships beginning in 2015. The format will feature women's opening round games (seeds 7-10) and a pair of women's quarterfinals on Thursday, March 5. The remaining two women's quarterfinals and the men's opening round games will be played on Friday, March 6, and four men's quarterfinal games will take place on Saturday, March 7. The tournament will take Sunday off from competition before resuming Monday, March 9 with a pair of women's semifinal games and two men's semifinals. The two championship games will be played on Tuesday, March 10.

_________________
Run 'Em Aground Pilots!

PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3918
Age : 43
Location : The 503
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas 2014

Post by blacksheep on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:29 am

PilotNut wrote:There is a slight tweak to the tourney format for 2015, cutting out 1 day...  a positive change for those of us who have to work!  

LINK

...The group also approved changes to the West Coast Conference's men's and women's basketball championships beginning in 2015. The format will feature women's opening round games (seeds 7-10) and a pair of women's quarterfinals on Thursday, March 5. The remaining two women's quarterfinals and the men's opening round games will be played on Friday, March 6, and four men's quarterfinal games will take place on Saturday, March 7. The tournament will take Sunday off from competition before resuming Monday, March 9 with a pair of women's semifinal games and two men's semifinals. The two championship games will be played on Tuesday, March 10.

Agreed. The extra day made it tough to justify. Any word if NASCAR will be in town the same weekend (7587?).

blacksheep
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 928
Location : Under the St. Johns Bridge
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas 2014

Post by up7587 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:50 am

blacksheep wrote:Agreed.  The extra day made it tough to justify.  Any word if NASCAR will be in town the same weekend (7587?).

Yup, same weekend. http://www.lvms.com/

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3519
Age : 62
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum