Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seattle U. -- Sunday 11/24

2 posters

Go down

Seattle U. -- Sunday 11/24 Empty Seattle U. -- Sunday 11/24

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:13 pm

After watching the Pilots miss many open shots (24-64) and free throws (12-19), and seeing a number of busted plays because of rushed or silly passes, and trailing by 6 late in the game, the Pilots finally got it all together in the last couple of minutes and won 70-63.

I'm not sure where this team would be without Cassandra Thompson (18 points) and Amy Pupa (16 rebounds/10 points), but I'm sure UP would not have won today.

The Pilots’ next game is against Columbia (with two Portland area seniors on the roster providing Thanksgiving dinner for their teammates) on Friday at 7:00 PM……I’m sure they will appreciate our support.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11095
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Seattle U. -- Sunday 11/24 Empty Re: Seattle U. -- Sunday 11/24

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:23 pm

Wrong Cassandra with the 18 points, but yeah, without those two  it was a loss.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Seattle U. -- Sunday 11/24 Empty Re: Seattle U. -- Sunday 11/24

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:50 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:Wrong Cassandra with the 18 points, but yeah, without those two  it was a loss.
Yea, thanks again for the correction, Geez.....I've got to stop posting from the T-Room.  Razz

Cassandra Thompson played very well, but Cassandra Brown, back from her injury redshirt year, can carry this team if needed....and she did that late in the game tonight with her free throw shooting and a clutch three!  Oh, and a few timely steals late in the game by her teammates helped too.

Good comeback by UP, but they're going to have to start controlling the ball and the pace of play if they are to have WCC success.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11095
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down